Apple is trying to force AT&T on us...yet again? Monopolized Marketing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hakk79, Jun 12, 2008.

?

Are Apple 3G iPhone Policies (Or iPhone policies in general) unfair?

1. Yes, 100% Unfair!

22 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. NO! I agree with them!

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. I am undecided on the issue...

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. I am totally lost man...?

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey guys. This is me hakk79 and recently (after my mom said that she might buy me an iPhone) I have been thinking of the collaboration between Apple and AT&T.

Please Register or Log in to view images

As you know when the first iPhone had come out, after awhile people figured how to unlock it, and run it with different carriers. This was great news, and now most people could just buy the iPhone and unlock it to get a better and more affordable plan.

But now with the release of the 3G iPhone, Apple is implementing policies that I dare say are unfair. I mean, think about it...We have to activate the iPhone from Apple or AT&T stores? What about activation from home? What happened to that?

Also we can only run with one network...AT&T. I mean, I have heard that the iPhone plan has some really unfair prices.

Since I am in High-School and we were doing big buisness, we had read about something called a monopoly, where one buisness has complete control over that specific industry that it specalizes in. Of course, Apple is not THAT big yet, but they are trying to force us to run one carrier?

Isn't this putting us at a-bit of a risk because what if AT&T decides one day to charge about 150 dollars more. We won't be able to switch carriers if we deem this unfair, because of Apple. So isn't this like a mini monopoly that is forcing us to bend to their money needs?

That thought makes me slightly nervous to buy the 3G iPhone.

Anyway, as usual you are the reader so please tell me what you think.

Just a thought,

hakk79
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    They did a 5yr deal with Apple. This was a big step for Apple getting into the cell phone business and they had to partner with someone to make it a successful venture.

3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's more of, AT&T Forcing themselves on you.

Apple is just delivering the iPhones.
  4. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, I am wondering if I should buy an iPhone because of AT&T's unfairness. I mean, those plans for the iPhone speak for themselves.
  5. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

yay UK iPhones FTW!!

^sorry

6. organerito

organerito New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple has a reputation of being always locked up. It is also apple who chooses to force people to their way. Apple wanted to the same in Europe, but they didn't let Apple do it.

it is ironic that Apple used to say in their logo "Think different". All they want is that you become programed to buy all they throw at you.
  7. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok well first of all...

oh yeah and I'm just comparing and contrasting (well sort of I'm not telling you to do any of the above things whatsoever) I just thought about it and here are my points.

Los 5 puntos the Otro Rollo! (don't ask)

1. Only a matter of time that the phone will be sold on Ebay (of course) as unlocked.
    2. Your in high School. You really don't need a Cell phone.
    3. If you really want an iPhone Just get the Old One
    4. really really want the 3g? Just get one Similar to it, You know there is plenty.
    5. Get A Job I'm sure you'll turn 18 soon. Get your own Contract.
    6. Cell phone companies will always be expensive.

Now to back all that up, I know you guys will say something about everything I just said so...
    These are the answers to the above. Or should I say Arguments. But bear with me.

1. Yes I know it will take some time, but think about it. Buy it on Ebay, You won't pay retail
    2. I know you NEED it and have to have it to compete with your friends, And of course those wonderful Emergencies. Or if you happen to have a GF, She will say to call her.
    3. Yes nothing can even be compared I shouldn't even be mentioning the word.
    4. I know the 3G is latest and Greatest, Believe me I know, You REALLY want it. (so do I)
    5. I know you can't wait, Yes let your parents take care of your contract, (good Job)
    6. My cell phone provider is Helio, I own an Helio Ocean, I pay $75.00 A Month For Unlimited Internet, Messaging, Pic/video Messaging, 500 Minutes, Free nights/weekends, And some other stuff I can't member, It has a GPS not turn by turn, But if your lost you'll find your way. What I'm trying to say is, I looked at Cingular's plans And I would pay the same if I switch over. So Money is really not an issue here. Plus I'll get the iPhone for 200!! My Helio was about $330.00 About 6 months after it came out. So A Big money saver there.

OH yeah and At&t was a Monopoly once. And well a little story I wanted to have High speed so I go and look up Yahoo SBC. No longer!! Guess who it was At&t, So now I have internet with At&t

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-"I don't care, think it's hilarious, saw this coming"-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Funny how things turn out hu?

oh yeah and I'm just comparing and contrasting (well sort of I'm not telling you to do any of the above things whatsoever) I just thought about it and here are my points.
  8. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Where's the "I don't care, think it's hilarious, saw this coming" option...?
  9. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Noted Look above.
  10. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh, I ment for the poll... but yeah. Okie dokie.