Apple is truly brilliant.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Aduumzor, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I log on today after school reading the bold title "32GB is out for $499".
    After reading and posting in that thread I come upon various threads which include ranting about how they just bought their 16GB version.
    Phrases saying:
    "I'M GOING TO GET MY MONEY BACK NOW!"

Please Register or Log in to view images

"I'M NEVER BUYING AN APPLE PRODUCT AGAIN!"

"WTF, THIS IS GAY"

I'm not in favor of either side here, not iPod Owner nor Apple but the middle man.

This is an amazing business plan like others. Everyone ranting has just fallen into the business "no no" trap. Everyone knew this was coming; I know this is true. Our need for the iPod Touch is greater than out wallets. I'm sure some people already with iPod Touch's will go and spring for the 32GB model. And you know, Apple just gained more profits. This is how business works, get as much profit as possible. That's what Apple has done with the iPod Touch's + iPhones.

In my opinion, I'm fine with my 16GB version. But for needers' of the newest technology like Rawd with a positive attitude is sensible. But for all the ranters here, instead of posting the same topic "OMG, APPLE IS SO FAKE THEY RIP ME OFF" and not buying anything again think again. You'll be sure to buy another model of an iPod sooner or later. Not many MP3 players can compare to Apple's quality.

Kudos to you Apple, gaining more profit from us Touch Owners.

2. Thrash_648

Thrash_648 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    THANK YOU!
    SOMEONE WITH SENCE!

Can people not just realise that apple are a clever company that makes good things, like ipods and macs etc. Just appreiciate that Apple are here, cos if they werent, you'd be stuck with terrible mp3 players and windows (urgh....) computers (no offence intended to windows users, i just prefer macs).
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Technology advances. Deal with it.

A girl I work with bought her MacBook one month and one week before Apple released Leopard. If she waited a week, she'd've gotten the free upgrade. Did she whine? No, she understood that these things happen.

I have to wonder if all these people comlaining simply want the world to stop moving because they bought an iPhone or an iPod Touch.

Nobody is entitled to anything. Ever.
  4. stekkerbox

stekkerbox New Member

apple is getting a monopoly on decent mp3 players and a monopoly is always bad for consumers...
    apple can do whatever they want because there is almost nothing that compares to the great quality of there mp3 players, so economicly they are being geniuises but as a consumer i still think there ripping us off.
  5. IpodH4ckerN00b

IpodH4ckerN00b New Member

the funny thing is they got the touchs like out right before hoilday months and now i guess got the email from apple and it says time for some romance now got a ipod touch 8gb, 16gb and now the 32gb. Its like your going to got something extra for valentines day if you got ur loved one a 32gb touch..... LMAO... Steve Jobs is slick.....
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Have you forgotten about the Zune?

And how are they ripping you off? Please elaborate. If you don't think something is worth it, don't buy it.

Also, Good Luck buying anything else with a 32GB SSD for that low of a price.
  7. stekkerbox

stekkerbox New Member

i didnt say they were ripping ME of (im pretty happy with my 8gb touch) but consumers in general.

they could have lowerd the prices of the 8gb with 50 dollars and the 16gb with 100 and release the 32gb for lets say 350, 400 dollars that would be in my opinion fairer to the consumers.
  8. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Proof or didn't happen.
  9. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To tell you the truth, I'm suprised that they released the 32gb one so quickly though. Traditionally, Apple has waited much longer before releasing size improvements.

I'm guessing that they were just waiting for 32gb SSD to become relatively affordable.
  10. Wambam1205

Wambam1205 Banned

I completely agree with Skylar, People seem to forget that apple is a Company and they need to make profit. Just because it might not seem fair to you dont go and complain about it. Life will never be fair and i am positive if you were the head of a company you would make desicions like this aswell. there would be no apple if they gave everything away for free, and a small price for a very well made piece of technology shouldnt be complained about.