Apple is sending me a free black bumper in July

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iforget, Jun 24, 2010.

1. iforget

iforget Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I called about signal problems while using the phone on speaker. Long story short, ~60min on the phone later, a bumper will be shipped to me for free. A replacement phone was offered, but obviously that won't help, so I suggested a bumper as shown to work on YouTube. If you're unable to use speakerphone (a good way to mitigate the alleged cancer risk?--but no debates please) as you'd like, you're free to try 1-800-MY-APPLE. Good luck!
  2. Beans48

Beans48 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    haha nice one!
  3. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  4. SK_Designs

SK_Designs New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    mind telling the full story for those of us who want to pull off the same trick ?
  5. djk1

djk1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    is 60 minutes plus on the phone with apple worth a $29 bumper that you might or might not get depending on the rep?
  6. iforget

iforget Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The technological problems behind it are interesting indeed, thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just use your brain.
    -Troubleshoot with the first rep, get moved up to supervisor shortly.

-I use my speakerphone to mitigate cancer risk.
    -I'm right handed and use my left hand to hold the phone and right hand to manipulate the touch screen.
    -I bought this phone today and expect it to work today. I switched from a 3GS and am disappointed the new one isn't living up to expectations.
    -Waiting for Apple to research the issue isn't something I want to do. I use the phone for business and need it to work today, tomorrow, and so on regardless of how Apple's research is going.
    -Hundreds of videos on YouTube demonstrate the issue. Some show the bumpers alleviating the issue. A $700 replacement phone isn't going to do anything, so send a $29 bumper instead.

I couldn't get an Apple gift card, unfortunately. I asked so I could go to the store and fix the issue tonight, but it'll just ship when it's available.

Do you make $30 an hour? ;D You'll get it if you're persistent and choose your words well, I believe.