apple is revolutionizing (for real now!)

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by Winterboard, Oct 30, 2008.

?

Do you think apple is in a revolution?

1. yes they are really craving new things right now!

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. not quite, they always were this inovative

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  1. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    apple has always been called revolutionary but mostly because of the design of their products.

Since the launch of the iPhone and the birth of some real competitors apple has begun a new sort of technological revolution.

Instead of making their products, smaller slimmer and better looking then now focus a lot more on feutures.

The iPhone has inspired them and now apples notebooks have multitouch and soon type correction like on the iPhone.

The new nano is the first nano to come with some real new feutures like the cool shake to shuffle (still not on iPhone), voice recording, accelerometer...

We can see that what made the competitors competitive: the lacking of feutures of apple products. Is now slowly coming to an end. I am sure that soon iPods will have a built in fm tuner as well as over the air syncing.

A good ilustration of this progress is the iPhone/iPod touch.
    The iPhone is the first apple product that receives constant product updates with new feutures. They added the appstore, podslcast downloading soon, the ability to buy music on the go.. No other iPod model ever had this kind of developement.

This active developing on apple's side is really the new way apple works. They are also getting bigger and bigger by having contracts with intel and nvidia.

This is the new apple revolution people. Be prepared for some awsome coming products!
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

this is true
    they are
    they are going to take over
  3. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    They have always been innovative imo
  4. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

I certainly hope not.

They make cool gadgets, but they certainly aren't revolutionary.
    I also don't think the "shake to shuffle" was worth mentioning. Any company could have done that. I think it's kind of just a stupid gimmick.
  5. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    i mentioned shake to shuffle to "prove" that they extually begin to extend the ipod capabilties. Until the ipod touchG2 all the ipods were the same since 2001. There was no functionnality added really
  6. organerito

organerito New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They do some cool stuff. The interface of the Iphone is very good. I think Apple just changed the way we interact with a phone. It gives us some new and cool features, but most of them existed before in a less cool way. Their products are very cool, but at the same time, they feel handicapped for one or another reason. For example, it is ridiculous and retrograde to still sell computers with just a Cd burner and that costs 1000 dollars.

Conclusion

They make very cool gadgets but they have so many handicaps that they cannot be called revolutionary, in my opinion.
  7. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    they have done well and are continuing to do well but there for me they will go off the wall with a new device with a ton of awesome features that's what I'm waiting for
  8. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Apple has always revolutionized technology, they're way of head of their years.
  9. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    dude! i just notice that right now!!!!! wow they are changing! that is great. but they need to do something about the speakers on the ipod... because it is the first ipod with speakers on it...