Apple iPod Camera?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ur_so_beautiful, Sep 5, 2008.

1. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

Okay, so a lot of you guys that are on firmware 2.x on your iPod touch know that if you plug your iPod touch into Windows XP (or whatever OS you use) it will show up as an "Apple Camera", but still sync to iTunes. As an iPod.

Well i tried entering the iPod in Host Mode via MobileTerminal.app
    I entered the command for host mode (of what i thought it would be) into the app and pressed "Return". Nothing happened, it just said "iPod:~ root#" as always.
    So i plugged my iPod touch into my Windows XP PC and there was more of a delay than normal, but then i had the "Apple Camera" window pop up, and then in the background iTunes popped-up and started syncing my iPod like normal.

I so wanted to view the Screenshots i had saved in my Camera Roll (yeah i edited my N45P file or whatever). I went to "For Advance Users Only" and this came up:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I went to My Computer and this showed up:

I right-clicked and went to properties:

(All the pictures i saved are in the zip file as an attachment)

This Apple 'Camera' passed it's diagnostic test, but as far as i know, the iPod touch doesn't have an actual camera LOL?

Also I could see that non, I MEAN NONE of my applications (official AppStore ones) would not sync lol. All 32 of them lol.

If I had the official Camera Connector I would've plugged that in to the dock of the iPod with an actual digital camera connected via USB. Then maybe Xamera would be going places

The above probably happens even if you aren't in host mode, but I just wanted to say that's what I got when I 'tried' host mode. Cool. Also I guess it's possible to store whatever images you want into your Camera Roll by dragging the images into the folder where the images saved via the iPod touch were. Might be handy for y'all.

Also sorry for not showing 'host mode' as it wouldn't save the screenshots via iPod touch (lol how ironic) and also i didn't have a camera around

Attached Files:

2. gremlin

gremlin New Member

Its all down to the firmware, I call it lazy programming.
  3. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Its just to get the screenshots off.
  4. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Im pretty sure that just to get the safari and screen shots off the ipod..... Well it is a camera..... just it takes pictures of the screen.....
  5. serjen

serjen New Member

If you look in the photos app on your iPod Touch, you should see 'saved photos' these are the photos that get transfered to your pc when you plug it in via USB
  6. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The saved photos are recognized as a camera