Apple iPhone Firmware erased. Help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by leadergo, Dec 28, 2008.

1. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

well i was being like any ordinary retard for about 10 seconds, and i went to Cydia, Manage, and removed the iPhone Firmware (which lets you have Phone.app, SMS.app, etc..)on my iPod Touch 1G so i can reinstall it. Apparently, it did not appear on the search or in the categories section of Cydia, so i was like "screw it". i guess it had to do with the App Store apps, and now they wont boot. i tried SSHing into my 3G iPhone to look for it and copy it to the same destination to the iPod Touch, but could not find it. can anyone help me with this?
  2. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

why would u do that lmao
    connect to itunes
    hold home for 5 sec
    dont let go of home, and hold power for 10 sec, then let go of power
    keep holding home for another 20 sec or until it shows up on itunes, and restore

dont do it again
  3. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Search for it in Cydia and try reinstalling it.
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

i tried that and its not there. i thought it could be somewhere in the root folder, but its not there.

i dont want to restore b/c im in Florida for holidays and i want to keep my music and apps. I wont be back home for another 10 days. i thought i could find the missing file on the internet and place it on my iPod if only i knew where it would be normally stored.
  5. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

k, so u can still play wit ur iphone but u dont have the firmware on it?? can u reboot