Apple In Talks, Unlimited iTunes Access Free

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by x6blues, Mar 20, 2008.

1. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Seems Apple has some new plans...

Article By Jordan Robertson, Associated Press
    Link To Article
  2. tdac

tdac New Member

3. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I would love that because I just started bubying music off iTunes and am spending about $50 a month. Would love to pay $15 to get unlimited music.
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

What is odd, a day before I saw this my brother just came into town and was saying that he was switching from iTunes to Rhapsody for his music, just because iTunes was too expensive and downloading was a pain. I am starting to feel the same way, Limewire is getting tedious, album art is being a pain even with iArt and goole, and then the lyrics....

This would be great price-wise just because Rhapsody and others have set a precedent at $15, so they, hopefully, won't be able to overcharge as much as they do everything else.
  5. njdevildude4

njdevildude4 New Member

yea i posted this like a week ago but no one responded but yea this would be cool but the one thing i would wonder is how they will pay the artists. i mean if i get the unlimited downloads im going to also by external memory and fill that thing till it is full. i cant see them making much money from this
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Ah sorry. I looked around, but found nothing. I was about to bump, couldn't understand why people weren't responding to free music lol...
  7. pablowx

pablowx New Member

wow this would be amazing if it actually went through and happenend
  8. wan3212

wan3212 New Member

I would do it, amazing, I wonder if this would cover movies too?
  9. Nightshadow

Nightshadow New Member

Apple is all about making money they won't do this just beacause they feel nice. I like digital media, but having the physical CD is nice because you get extra artwork & you don't have to find *******'s left and right for that certain DVD that was on the special edition. Don't get me wrong I like downloading CD's just untill I have enough money to get them. For indie bands you can't find there ep/album on *******s because there not that popular, same with iTunes. Anyways that's my view on music CD's, but it would be cool just to see WHAT they put on there for free. 70%-80% its just crap for the "Free Single of the Week". I like some of the stuff that's on there.
  10. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    amazing? sure if it covers videos/movies.

if just music? who cares! we have limewire for that, and it has been around for the longest time...

lets say they make you pay 50 bucks for unlimited downloads...? no thank you... i have unlimited downloads with limewire! and i dont have to pay a cent....

if it happens.. great! for the people who follow the law... but for me... id stick to my own ways of getting music for free...