Apple In-Ear Headphones adapter for 1st gen iPod Touch users

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by sdschramm, Dec 22, 2008.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So I'm getting the new Apple In-Ear headphones (which i'll post back with a review once I get them - as no one has really reviewed them yet) But anyways...

I already am aware that the "remote" will not work with my first gen iPod touch. This is because the headphone plug has 3 rings, and the jack on the iPod only has 2 therefor the remote can't communicate with the iPod. So I was wondering - why isn't there an adapter that we could use to plug them in via the 30 pin iPod cable jack (the one you plug your usb in) - reason being, the 30pin connector jack DOES have support for remote functions (maybe not the microphone, but at least the things like volume control, play pause, etc.) So why can be buy a little adapter. The adapter would plug into the 30 pin connector jack, and then the headphones would plug into that.

Seems logical to me. Any one think this would work? Anyone know of any development of this kind of device?

---

EDIT: I got so excited about this - I made some concept art of what it could look like. Hopefully no one will steal my idea.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    That would be cool. Or you can just download pocket touch or pwnplayer. Both apps have the feature to swipe the screen to change songs/volume in your pocket.
  3. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I want to change tracks from a device in view that I'll already have on my cable, not reach into my pocket and attempt those stunts.
  4. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

iVoiceIII is a microphone that plugs into the dock connector and has a connector for your earphone. (Although I think you can just plug the earphones into the iPod's earphone jack) People have confirmed that it works for iPod touch 1G.