Apple headphones with mic and iPod touch 1G

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by ShadowsTouch, Feb 2, 2009.

1. ShadowsTouch

ShadowsTouch New Member

ok so today I went to the applestore to exchange my headphones turns out they gave me the headphones with mic and volume remote. I have the iPod touch 1G and I wanna know if there's anyway to get the mic to work with it if so please tell me.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Unfortunately, the mic will not work because the first gen iPod touch doesn't support audio-input.
  3. ShadowsTouch

ShadowsTouch New Member

what about the 2g?
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It works flawlessly with the 2G. Perfect; I use it for VoIP, couldn't get any better

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    You exchanged normal headphones for the in-ears?
    Lucky you...

And the mic does work with the 2G. Download Griffin's "iTalk" app to try it out.
  6. ShadowsTouch

ShadowsTouch New Member

lol idk if it was a mistake or not. What had happened was my headphones tore from the bottom right above where the jack is but the wire was still intact and both headphone still worked. So I told them that I bought a 2G with the apple care thing and if they could exchange the headphones. So they gave me the ones with the mic and they didn't ask to see the iPod or receipt (I had bought a 2G for my gf but I own the 1g)
  7. lilpaintballer

lilpaintballer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Quick question didnt want to make a new thread, sorry for thread jacking. Will the iVoiceIII work with the ipod touch 2g for fring, is their anyone here that uses that setup?
  8. frightenedcow

frightenedcow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh, thats so unfair.
  9. Mac_OS_X

Mac_OS_X New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What do u expect man this is Apple we're talking about, U know the ppl that always come out with a new version of a product every year CHEAPER and BETTER and LEAVING THE OLD VERSIONS TO ROT!
  10. omnibus

omnibus New Member

There are two versions of the headphones with mic. The $79 ones are the in-ear model and have two drivers and 3 sets of ear cannel sizers. They also come with a triangle shaped wind-up doo-dad and some fancy packaging.

The $39 set are no-frills and priced the same as the stock in the box earbuds. They fit your ears (or don't fit) just like the ones that came with your ipod.

BTW, both have the remote on the right ear cable. You can pause, adjust volume and skip tracks. It's great if you carry your ipod in your pocket.