Apple Headphones suck major %#@! My head phone story

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by W00DI, Aug 31, 2009.

1. W00DI

W00DI New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok, so the pair I got with my ipod back in September 2 years ago broke within 2 weeks of use. The left headphone decided not to work anymore.
    So Far: 0$

I used another pair of apple headphone from my old mini and guess what they broke within 4 days...4 DAYS! The wiring decide to snap when I dropped my ipod
    So far: 0$

I bought a pair of normal apple headphones the following week. Within 1 month and a half the right ear stopped playing music.
    So Far: 29.99 + tax Yah for 9% tax in California

I then thought I would upgrade to a "better pair of apple headphones" I go the in ear headphones. Don't get me wrong they worked pretty darn well. About 3 months after use

Please Register or Log in to view images

they broke

. They decided to break when I played a metallica song too loud.
    So Far:109.98+ 9% tax

So then for Christmas( yah santa

) I got pretty nice sony headphones. OMG was all i could say. these headphones were the sh*t...used it for 5 months without a problem. Took them to Hawaii with me the plane ride was great except on the plane ride home I reached into my pocket and guess what the headphones had jumped out and walked away

This one was my fault but still i want to kill myself
    So Far:199.97 + 9% tax

Grand Total: 218.96. I could've boughten a brand spanken new ipod.
    So to sum it up I will never buy sh*t headphones again I am going to invest in the best headphones ever so i dont have to deal with all of this
  2. iZOMBii

iZOMBii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    And then you'll lose/break those "best headphones ever" and blame it on the company that made them.
  3. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    The apple headphones from my old nano lasted two years until the left earbud wouldn't play music without me bending the wire by the jack. Not bad eh?
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Treat them well and they'll treat you well.
  5. W00DI

W00DI New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Lol i treat them like pure gold. You should see my ipod theres is not a single scratch or dent. Or my macbook not single scratch. I baby my stuff

6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its easy to say that you baby your stuff, but its hard to actually do it. I've had Apple buds before. They suffer quite a lot, like falling, accidental stepping on-age, still connected to my iMac and me walking away, causing a huge tug and then falls out of my ears slamming into the desk. Lasted me about 9 months with all that abuse.
  7. W00DI

W00DI New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I've never really thought that way but i guess your right I did always forget they were in my ear and then leave and i gave em a good tug.
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Mine would have lasted me a long time with a ton of abuse, but I like earphones with good sound quality.

Also, never buy Apple earphones again. They hate you.

9. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Lol at Santa
  10. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    i was using my old ipod video earbuds with my 1G touch cuz my touch ones broke very very quickly. my video ones lasted a good 4 years though, cuz I was usin them with my video before I got my touch. They recently broke (a month ago) so I invested in some sony ones which are pretty cool cuz theyre a cross between in ear and the bud which I really like.