Apple. Go ahead, call me a Fanboy. I accept it.

Discussion in 'October 14, 2008 Event' started by Teslanaut, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is a response to the Hate (Most of it which is unfounded) for Apple that has been going around today ever since the release of the new MacBook and MacBook Pro.​

• Aluminum? So what? This was a big thing today. Some people may say, so what if its aluminum? Well, its actually a good thing. It is sturdy, dissipates heat well, and is lightweight. No other Laptop/Notebook manufacturer does the same. It is quite ingenious of Apple to take the leap forward into how Laptops are created.

• What company can do what Apple does? I mean honestly. What other company can do what Apple does? Put so much power, elegance, still be lightweight and superb battery life into a Notebook/Laptop as well as them. I know it sounds VERY fanboyish, but it kinda is the truth now isn't it? I mean, most laptops of it's caliber are Bulky, Heavy, over sized, barely even able to be carried for long periods of time. More of a Desktop than a Notebook really. And another thing. What other company uses aluminum for their laptop casings? I honestly can't think of one.

• What do you compare the MacBook Pro to? This is quite the question really. What can you compare it to? Alienware? Falcon Northwest? Dell? HP? ACER? ASUS? Voodoo? Sure they good laptops, But which is more expensive? Designed better? Lasts longer (In terms of energy), is ACTUALLY Notebook where you can easily carry around and still be powerful. A MacBook Pro 15 inch at the highest specs costs around $2800+ USD. Specs are as follows if I can remember correctly: 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB 7200 RPM HDD, EDIT: Nvidia GeForce 9400M AND 9600M GT with 512MB GDDR3 Memory, Other stuff (Connectivity, etc). Now I tried to configure an AlienWare for an example as CLOSE to the SAME SPECS as the MacBook Pro, but most of the parts were not as new so it was hard to do so. But it came out Several Hundred more than the MacBook Pro at max. Even with a 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Which was Max for the Alienware).

• What do you compare the MacBook to? Really, what do you compare it to? Regular Laptops? Or Higher end Gaming laptops? Most basic laptops have Integrated Intel GPUs where as higher end ones have actual better GPUs. But what do you compare it to? It doesn't really fit into one or the other now does it? Its more of an "in-between".

• The MacBook Air. The Disappointment. This I will agree, was a HUGE disappointment. Sure it had great specs and all, but it is STILL way too expensive. Also the fact that they put an Nvidia GPU in there. For what? Gaming? No. The Design is great, but the price is just way too off the charts.

• The Cinema Display Personally, I have high hopes for this. Why? Media Center. Assuming the USB does carry Audio along with it's USB HUB power, I am really hoping that Apple revamps the Apple TV or MacMini to work with the new Display. For the AppleTV, I would especially want to see improvements in: CPU/GPU/RAM/HDD along with added BlueTooth and probably using the Magsafe technology for power, since its already used in the new Cinema Display.

Now I know everyone is angry at Apple for not releasing a cheaper notebook and the 100 dollar price raise on the MacBook, but I'm just hoping that some people see why. Apple has made mistakes and have made quite triumphant breakthroughs. Most might not want to admit it, but Apple is setting the standard on how NoteBooks/Laptops should be made.

Please keep the Flaming to a minimum.
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey, I'm an Apple Fanboy as well

Please Register or Log in to view images

And I'm proud to be as well

3. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What can we compare Teslanaut to? God? Great points.
  4. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I'm not.
    But when I get £1200 I will be.

5. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Most people who want power and efficiency out of a Personal Computer look past Aesthetics. I could care less what my computer looks like; as long as it has the power I expect. A lot of Laptops I've seen have great battery life, plus they're thin and easy/convenient to carry around. Also, who gives a f*ck about Aluminum?

There are many Laptops that can be equally as good, if not slightly better than the MacBook Pro, especially when you customize it. AlienWare is guilty of overpricing their products as well, so it's null. In fact, a friend of mine built a Laptop with 6GB of RAM, Graphics equal to an NVidia 8800GT, with a Dual-Core 2.53GHz CPU to add. The end result? Around $850-$900.

You compare the MacBook with other laptops, just like you compare the Mac to a conventional PC, one car to different cars, and so on and so forth.

Absolutely nobody I know uses Apple TV, or a Cinema Display as their Media Center. They use an HDTV, a DVR, and DVD/Blu-Ray player.
  6. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    I can't believe I'm saying this but I totally agree. If I could afford any type of Mac, then by the power of Odin I swear I would have one.

This isn't a generalization either it's just my opinion but from the people I've been around most people don't like Macs because they haven't experienced the awesomeness that is Mac.

Macs are like the best kind of computers on the market. Let me say it like this if you enjoy you iPod Touch a whole lot, imagine a Mac book pro or an iMac.

7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Tell me what Laptop in the class of a MacBook or MacBook Pro has equal battery life while still having the same Power it packs? Please tell me. Aluminum is really important in terms of design, heat dissipation, durability, weight.

Can you show me these please?

Which laptops do you compare the MacBook to? I really want to see.
  8. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Tes ftw.
    Apple fanboyism ftw.
  9. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would love to see this...
  10. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

It'd probably a desktop with a really long extension cord