Apple Forcing An Update + More

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by bboywingwing, Feb 7, 2008.

1. bboywingwing

bboywingwing New Member

Ok look. I have an 1.1.1 Firmware update on my 16GB iPod. I have some problems with it now because some installed things are running "weak" because it's old. Now I want to reset my entire iPod and jailbreak it into a 1.1.2 update. But the only update I can have right now is 1.1.3. So I figured you know what? I'm going to just use 1.1.1. But NOOO! When I select restore from iTunes, the only options that I get are 'cancel' and 'restore and update'. Any tippers on how I should solve this problem? And I tried using erase data on my reset setting and the only that happens is erase my media. The apps and everything is still there.
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

windows restore: shift right-click on "restore"
    mac restore: option left-click on "restore
  3. sktbrd5125

sktbrd5125 New Member

You have to downlaod the 1.1.2 file and hold down shift+update and locate the file... IT should then update to 1.1.2 and not 1.1.3....look at ipdotouchmasters videos for the files and help

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. lordemil

lordemil Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    um...try shift and click restore to 1.1.1 but make sure u have the 1.1.1 firmware downloaded
  5. lordemil

lordemil Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    he wants to 1.1.2 jailbroken
  6. toehead

toehead New Member

Ya, they arent forcing you to use anything.

Just dowload the firmware and shift click. (you should do a fresh install of 1.1.1 to prep for 1.1.2)
  7. 4nic8tor

4nic8tor New Member

Even if they were 'forcing it' you can just patch your firmware like I have so that it shows that it is 1.1.3 but really it is 1.1.2. That way iTunes thinks that you are current.