Apple Event at the End of February?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by commanderbdokey, Feb 8, 2008.

1. commanderbdokey

commanderbdokey New Member

Didn't we just have a big Apple event last month? We sure did, but now the rumor mill is buzzing that Cupertino may be prepping a presentation for the end of February. The most likely theory: that Apple is about to unleash the promised iPhone software developer kit.

The Unofficial Apple Weblog has a tipster who claims that Apple's video firm is hiring for an event at the end of the month. Yes, I know this kind of tip is one step away from "my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this kid"-ville, but TUAW tends to be pretty reliable, and as the site points out, Jobs promised that the iPhone SDK—which will allow third-party developers to start building sanctioned applications for the iPhone—would be ready by the end of February.

So, for the sake of argument, let's assume that the rumor is true. Would Apple hold an event just to announce the iPhone SDK? That's definitely a possibility, especially if Apple already lined up some trusted developers to build new iPhone applications to be announced along with the long-awaited kit. Others are wondering if maybe—just maybe—Steve Jobs will seize the occasion to announce the eagerly-anticipated 3G iPhone. Personally, I don't buy it. Apple just released a 16GB version of the iPhone, and it's hard to believe Jobs would unveil the iPhone 2.0 only a couple of weeks later.

Among the other guesses flying around in the forums:

An updated MacBook Pro (possible, since the MacBook Pro line is due for a refresh);
    Release of the new Apple TV software update (which we should have gotten a week ago);
    Blu-ray drives in Apple systems (a persistent rumor that—so far, at least—has failed to materialize);
    A Nano-ized version of the iPhone (another rumor that refuses to die).

In any case, we'll just have to wait for some official word from Apple itself. Stay tuned.

Update: Apple site 9 to 5 Mac says it's hearing the same rumors, and narrows down the date to February 26. Also: iPhone support for Exchange and Lotus Notes might be among the announcements

link to this information...http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterso...UEUl9sdHADMQ--
  2. brosmooth

brosmooth New Member

i would be nice if they finally release the sdk so we can get back to normal without the 1.1.3 bugs...
  3. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah i could care less about any other announcements about other products they have.

i hope the announce the SDK and dedicate some good time to it. i'm really itching to find out all the good (or bad) details about what apple has planned.
  4. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

You mean the iPhone/iPod Touch SDK kit?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Don't forget the less fortunate.
  5. commanderbdokey

commanderbdokey New Member

i think they are going to annouce it on the event