Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dayav07, May 15, 2010.

1. dayav07

dayav07 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Firstly, I'm not sure whether this is posted in the right section. Forgive me if it isn't.

I recently ordered the Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic. I haven't received them as yet but I would like to know something. I know that the remote and mic will only work with devices with the hardware capability. I know for certain that my iPod Touch 2G will support it and I also know for certain that my iPod Nano 2G won't support it.

I would like to know if it will work with my Nokia N81. The earphones that came with my N81 have a remote and mic but it is extremely bulky. Therefore, I was hoping to use the Apple Earphones when I receive them. The earphones that come with my Nokia have 3 rings on the jack. I have a slight feeling that the remote and mic will work on my N81 but I just want to be certain.

Could you please help me out?

Thanks
  2. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    do your N81 ear phones work on your ipod touch 2g, if not probably not.
  3. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Probably, if the apple headphones have a standard mic
  4. ipodholic

ipodholic Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    My dad's Blackberry earphones with mic work well for my iPod Touch. Even I was surprised.
  5. mookiemeister

mookiemeister New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For you guys who got microphone to work on your iPod Touch 2G, do you have to do any configuring to get it to work? I just got a earphone with microphone but when I plugged it in and ran Voice Memo or Shazam apps, both complained about needing to have a microphone plugged in. My iPod Touch 2G has been upgraded to firmware 3.1.3. Not sure if that makes any difference.