Apple earbud problems..

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Evalocity7, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright so I got my iPod Touch about...mid November...My earbuds are already messing up...Don't really know how to explain it...But the sound isn't as loud as it use to be...it seems like more sound is coming outta the little holes near the back of the earbuds then from the silver screen like front...
  2. Conya

Conya Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Let me put in the one, and only simple way to put it.

Get new ones.

They're shocking compared to decent ones..
  3. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

It happened with my iPod Nano a year ago.

If there's an Apple Store near you, you can give them your broken earbuds and show them your receipt (no matter where you got it) and they'll give you a new pair. No questions asked, well for me, but I bet they'll ask about them.

They only do this for one year after you purchased your iPod.
  4. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I purchased mine on an online store on the internet...I dont think I have the receipt any more..And there's no Apple store near me. Should I just get a different pair of earbuds from my store? or are these really that good to go on apple.com and buy another pair..?
  5. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

Yeah it's easier when you have a receipt and a store, but it's still possible.

Just go to the site, and you should see somewhere where you can mail them your earbuds. And they'll send new ones back...I'm too lazy to check myself. It should be there though.
  6. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

And yeah, it's not worth it to buy new ones from the online store, but I'm just giving you help to get new free ones.
  7. chrisburke

chrisburke New Member

get some different ones... skullcandy makes great headphones and earbuds.
  8. IlluminatedTouch

IlluminatedTouch New Member

I was in NYC and went to the Apple Store on 5th ave, and my headphones were falling apart, I went to a guy in a blue shirt, and showed him the headphones, and he took them, went to the back, and gave me new ones wrapped up. I asked him how much they are, and he said free.

All he asked me was when I got my iPod Touch...
  9. stinkeye

stinkeye New Member

time to upgrade.. try the senn cx300 for isolation or the ksc75 (~$15 from ebay) for an open but great sound
  10. johnnaryry

johnnaryry New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I have a set of JVC HA-FX33 (in dark gray), that I spent less than $20 for. They are among the best set of earbuds I've owned, in both sound and durability. I find them quite comfortable for extended use as well (although earbud comfort is a very personal issue). I never even bother to unwrap the standard earbuds Apple ships with their iPods.

--ryan