Apple doesn't care?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cursayer, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Cursayer

Cursayer Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The majority of app screenshots in the App Store show some form of jailbreaking nowadays... (ex. That MSN Live App where Backgrounder and Battery Control are clearly shown, and a new app called Playoffs '10, top 2 in paid apps where it shows that Battery Control is being used)... Which leads me to think, does Apple even care about jailbreaking?
  2. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    You mean the battery percent? That's available in the iPhone I believe, and in 4.0 now I think.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

In Playoffs '10, the person is using an iPhone (notice it says 'Fido' on one screenshot and 'No Sim' on others). iPhones have the battery percentage and iPod Touches don't. But yea, obviously they care about jailbreaking, but what are they gonna do? They're gonna reject the app because the developer has a jailbroken iPod? They're just losing money that way.
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Jailbreaking causes a break of the bond/ridiculous connection Apple has on the consumer. Plus, to add ontop of that in many cases it leads to some soft of piracy.

Believe me, Apple does care.
  5. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    No you're right, Cursayer. It's an iPod Touch as it doesn't have the singal strength. It might not be that doesn't care, more so they don't know...
  6. Cursayer

Cursayer Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The last screenshot was taken on a non-JB'd iPhone
    The first three screenshots were taken on a JB'd iPT where MIM was used to put "No SIM"
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, I don't have an iPhone so there are a few things that I'm not sure about.

1) If there's no SIM, are there signal bars?
    2) Can you turn off battery percentage on a unjailbroken iPhone?
  8. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes it was used on a jailbroken phone. However, you've got to remember that Apple has thousands of apps on the App Store. The amount of app requests they get a day would most likely blow your mind. Letting slip one screenshot of a jailbroken phone that is extremly hard to notice, could easily happen.

The only reason I could see a company like Apple supporting jailbreaking for, is users creating new and imporved ideas for their devices. That way, they can use these ideas in later times.

Bottom line though, just because an app that has no ratings and was released 4 days ago into the app store has a very small sign that it is jailbroken... doesn't mean, Apple doesn't care.

1. Seeing as there isn't a SIM card and no way to get service, I don't think so. However, I've been wrong before.
    2. Yes you are able to turn off the battery percentage on a stock iPhone 3GS.
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Why do you think it's a jailbroken iPhone? I'm not trying to start an argument or anything. I'm just interested in seeing what you see, because maybe you guys are seeing something I'm not. And judging by your answers to my questions, there's no signs of it being jailbroken.
  10. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    My only reason in thinking it was a jailbroken device is that it said "Fido" in the top left corner. Not using my brain and getting too quick to the point, I didn't stop to think that this could be a cellular service (Which it is)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sooo, I no longer think its jailbroken.