apple customer service

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by kev.s17, Nov 22, 2009.

1. kev.s17

kev.s17 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sorry if this is a bit dragged out post, but i'll limit it to as short as possible.

bought my daughter an ipod touch for last christmas which has always been inside a hard case and never been outside and is like new when out of case(for cleaning).
    last month or so it developed a small prob with sound not playing on some tracks(posted in here also), i sent it back to apple for repair, they sent it back saying it was software issue and they updated software accordingly, within days of recieving it back it started to develop another problem with the screen flickering on and off and the totally stopped responding to touch,called apple again to inform them of this and they asked for it back,sent it back again(only using their package service & UPS courier) i recieved it back a few days later with a very crude note stating they will not be repairing it because it has been subject to abuse/neglect in the form of liquid damage. no explaination as to what has been damaged or even cost of repair. i know for a fact 100% this has not been near water or any liquid, i have asked apple for an explaination and sent them 3 letters of complaint which they do not answer,i have now contacted consumer direct uk, they are advising small claims action.
    anyone have similar problem or any advice they can offer? looking on consumeraffairs.com this seems to be a regular tactic of apple
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've heard many problems with Apple customer support saying that they won't repair the device because of this and that. I've not experienced this yet, but I wouldn't be happy if I received this customer support.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Look in the earphone jack and the bottom where the cable plugs in and you will see the indicator strips that have turned pink. They don't do that without liquid of some sort.
  4. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try taking it to an Apple Store, where you can actually deal with someone in person.
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I highly doubt that you knew 100% that it never been near any liquid. Especially since it was for your daughter.
  6. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've always had great apple customer support..... iPod touch's speaker went kablooey, I restored, sent it in, got a refurb new one in the mail in about 5 days.
  7. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That honestly did not help the OP in any way shape or form.

Go talk to your daughter and ask her if by any chance got the iPod wet.
  8. ecolosaIcle

ecolosaIcle New Member

That picture does not look good. I think an Apple buy out would be a bad thing for EA. Right now EA likes to make many of their games for all the consoles out there. If Apple buys EA then maybe not as many EA games for Xbox 360.

I think Apple should try to get more in the music stuff since they are doing so well in that area. Maybe some deals with Activision Guitar Hero?
  9. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How is this relevant at all to the thread?
  10. KevN

KevN Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Well that's Apple support, one of the worst supports IMO (besides Gateway).

For technical supports:
    1. Try turning it on/off.
    2. Hope it goes away.
    3. Buy a new device.

Or replacements:
    1. Can't figure out problem, have a new one.
    2. We are out of new iPods.......so I think that one has water damage....so...er.....voiding....that thingy.......warranty.