Apple care

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by User Name, Jul 7, 2010.

1. User Name

User Name Active Member

I'm lost with this whole applecare thing. If i was to go buy applecare it would grant me another year (starting when i bought my ipod) of warranty?

If i bought my ipod 1 year and 6 months ago i could buy apple care and have warranty for another 6 months?
  2. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Unfortunately not, User Name.

The Apple Care only applies when it is purchased anytime within the first year warranty. It then extends your existing warranty into a second year, expiring on the same date you made your iGadget purchase.

For example, I bought my earlier iPod touch 2g in Oct 2008. I then got an Apple Care plan in November '08 and this stretched my warranty to Oct 2010.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. User Name

User Name Active Member

Okay, i just got that same answer chatting with someone from apple.

I lol'd a couple times while chatting, i stumped him hard with some questions, took like ten minutes for him to reply.

I'm so tempted to just go to an apple store, how likely are they to replace my ipod? (not under warranty) With dust under the screen and backlight bleed in the lower left hand corner. Along with the headphone jack being screwed up?
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, if it's out of warranty, it's out of warranty.

They'll charge you for it.

I personally find the Apple Care thing to be a huge scam.
    It mainly covers hardware defects... Which you'd notice and have replaced within the first year.
    Anything you do to it is your fault and not covered by it.