Apple can't admit that they are at fault?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by Ari., Nov 21, 2009.

1. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hi,

Ive had the 2007 iMac (the one before the current one

Please Register or Log in to view images

) ands it been perfect and never had any problems untill now, we had a problem with hard drive and i ran through all the fixes and none worked so i took it to genius and they had to replace hard drive, they blamed it on dust inside machine, which is possible however we do clean around the mac at least twice a day but i guess dust can still get it. They told me they replaced hard drive and cleaned all inside the mac. I can admit we may have not cleaned it enough or properly which does happen.

2 weeks later, the disc drive fails and we take it back and they replace it and guess what they blame it on huge amounts of dust inside the machine. How? we have kept it much better and spent more time cleaning around it then before, we moved to a cleaner room and its no where near a dust area. They told me there was HUGE amount of dust inside the machine, but they cleaned it out properly 2 weeks before and i highly doubt that this is the problem again.

Luckily we are under the apple care warranty. but the guy told me on phone if we have another dust problem we will have to pay.

Am i being treated unfairly? is this a common problem, the dust part? or can they just not admit that the hardware they use can just break like any other pc?

Im sorry if this makes no sense, i have problems with writing and stuff and im not looking for a fight i'm just curious to what's actually happening.

oh also, he suggested we clean screen regularly and clean around the mac, which is what we do every day anyway :s and why didn't i have more dust problems between 2007-2009 :s

ok thanks for reading my mess of a thread lol

feel free to ask questions if you dont understand something

2. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure hard drives are dust tight.
  3. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    hmm yah i guess, but they said dust was the issue, so i guess ill have to go on what they say, but i know hard drives can fail anyway so i just think that they dont want to admit their hardware is at fault, they seem to want to make it seem like its the user.

Im not stupid (well i am at different times), i know how to take care of electronics, so i dunno whats going on really.. :O
  4. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If they give you that problem, then ask for a manager or another genius.
  5. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ah yes i could try that, i have dealt with same genius every time, and i am in interview process at this store so i'm quite friendly with manager.

If there are any more 'dust' related problems i can try speak to them

6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Clean your room.
  7. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    The room is spotless and is cleaned atleast once a day, I clean the desk and around mac atleast 2-3 times a day.