Apple can be full of bull crap at times!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tinyman392, Dec 31, 2009.

1. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    http://gizmodo.com/5437979/apple-refuses-to-send-stolen-iphone-back-to-rightful-owner-after-repair

Here is the link to the story. Basically, a lady got mugged in a subway at Brooklyn. The robber sent "his" iPhone in for repair because of software problems. The iPhone was actually the one that he mugged from the lady. Well, Apply refuses to give it back to it's rightful owner, the lady that got mugged for not filling out a police report. They really don't care that the iPhone was hers to begin with. AT&T can't do anything about it, but feel sorry for the lady. Apple won't give the iPhone back to the lady...

To sum it all up, Apple can be full of bull crap at times!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    If she never filled out a police report and he changed it / restarted / whatever the phone and there is no way to tell she is the original owner, what are they supposed to do?
    I could go and say "Hey, that guy stole my Mac!", would they have to give it to me?
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    She has the box that has the SN of the iPhone............

The police could look at her iTunes and check the SN of the last iPhone synced........

There is multiple ways.
  4. *Bp

*Bp Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yes there are multiple ways one can find out if it is indeed her iphone, but why should the police bother if she didn't fill out a report. no report, no crime. not just that but would you really have the police trying to focus on recovering an iphone? i mean seriously its a phone it was stolen and its a small crime. it would be a waste of police resources,
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Apple is not in the theft recovery business. Their warranty is good for the product and not the owner. Apple builds computers and stands behind them; it may be immoral but that is their stance.
  6. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Actually, the carrier also has your serial number recorded in their files. I sent my iPhone for repair, and they read my serial number to me to double check that it's the one I have. Otherwise, they wouldn't service it, I read one digit wrong by mistake as I was reading it off the phone and the lady said: "Sir, if you have the serial number wrong three times, we shut-down your service and report the phone as stolen to the police. Please try and read it, or have a family member read it for you...". I then paused and said, wait, what? She replied "All carriers are required to record the serial number of these iPhone's in your account information, in-case your phone get's stolen or lost and someone calls and says they found it, we can return it to you.".

The carriers are on top of things... However, Apple could have refused with the thought maybe this lady sold it, and wants it back now and the guy hasn't had a chance to sync it yet? Think about that folks!
  7. zer0faerun

zer0faerun New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    for god sake's just file a police report.. world is not fair.. deal with it