Apple Avoids My Question?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ~Pay~Back~, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ~Pay~Back~

~Pay~Back~ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello my fellow iPhone/iPod touch users. My question that i have yet to have answered or at least a straight one at that is what is the deal with bluetooth?

For the last 5 days i have spent countless hours on the web and both in my town, hitting up mac stores and even calling mac on the phone. But my question has never been hit, its missed or dodged all together. Now the things i have learned, as far as the bluetooth that comes loaded in our iPod's, is that it is 2.1 + EDR and A2DP COMPLIANT.

Now i would have to argue that because i have bought not 1 nor 2 nor 3 but 4 different bluetooth devices that do not work as far as pairing goes. Now my question i have posed to mac is, "What devices are compliant with the iPod touch 3rd gen" My answer is that well we make a headset that has a mic with it. Ummm thats not what i asked? Do they work at all is my next question? Why have bluetooth in a device and list its specs on the box if it does not work.

I even went to AT&T today, not that they would have any answers for me cause they dont sell the iPod, but they said it should work, however he has come across some units that have HAD a defective chip and needed to be swapped.

Now in my countless hours of searching the web i have read that only certain units work with the iPod 3rd gen, and is that why i cant pair bluetooth with my brand new unit? Only thing is that they never listed what units!! argg.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now i turn to you the community before i take my Ipod back and get a different one. I really dont want to have to do this but if this is the case that my iPod is defective i will. Would hate to have to waste gas and time into something as simple as this unit works, but bluetooth doesn't work, your not alone. Plus my exchange time on my touch is slowly coming to a hault. So can anyone help me? And to answer anyone that might ask i have a 3rd gen iPod touch and im running 3.1.2 (7d11) firmware, and yes i have rc3 blackrain running, but have tried it at factory setting and it still does not pair.

HELP!
  2. cocotutch

cocotutch Community Development Team Staff Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    At the moment, Bluetooth in iPod Touches and iPhones, cannot be paired with anything other than Bluetooth Stereo Headphones and the Nike Shoe Tracker-doohickey you use for running. I hope Apple adds more functionality soon with Bluetooth as the devices are certainly capable.

I hope this answers your question.

cocotutch
  3. ~Pay~Back~

~Pay~Back~ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Not true! I hate to break this to you but if you have a iPhone you can run a hands free Bluetooth device on it, I saw this first hand at AT&T store on 2 Bluetooth devices. They were cheapies too, nothing big name brand like motorola! So I know it works! Only thing is they would not pair with mine!

That's why I posed the question more or less to iPod users. Hopeing someone might know the answer to this.

Unless you meant to say iPod and iPod alone because iPhone has the ability. Come out from under that rock! LOL
  4. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Apple's hold on this kind of thing is out of hand.
  5. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    The iPhone does not have the ability (I have an iPhone and an iPod touch). Most people complain because the iPhone and iPod touch lack Bluetooth that works well. It may have worked for them; but when we try, we simply fail because of Apple's limiting.
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

You're forgetting that the iPhone and the iPod are not the same thing. It can be paired up to headsets because it is a phone. The iPod can not be paired up to a headset because Apple purposefully limits their devices to force people to purchase the upgraded version. In your case, Apple wants you to buy an iPhone.

The iPod isn't the only example of this. The iPhone falls in the limited features category as well. The original iPhone can not communicate with other devices via Bluetooth like the 3G and 3G S can. There is no reason why this is, except for the fact that Apple wants original iPhone users to buy a 3G or 3G S. Similarly, the MMS functionality that is left out of the 2G phone, although it is perfectly capable of sending and receiving MMS.

It sucks, but that's the way Apple is, and just one more reason I can't stand Apple.
  7. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You're so right about that. The first three iPhone generations have cameras built-in but no video capture. Wtf... Only the 3GS. That's possibly the dumbest thing ever. A phone with a camera that cannot film. lol @ Apple. And by looking at Cycam or whatever from Cydia, I say it's possible but Apple won't make it happen for exactly that reason. Forcing people to upgrade.

Regarding bluetooth headphones (so as not to be entirely off-topic), bluetooth is radiation. I've met engineers that stay away from it like the plague, even tho it's like 10 times less powerful than wifi. Basically it slowly cooks your brain. Many laboratories were paid to say it's harmless (in spite of evidence) by corporations such as Motorola. Oh, but cellphones are harmless, didn't you know that ? WRONG.

You've purchased 4 bluetooth devices ? That's money well spent. I don't get it. Why don't you just use wired headphones ? It'd be easier on your health too. Not to mention your battery life span.
  8. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so use are pritty much saying apple is all about money very selfish
  9. ~Pay~Back~

~Pay~Back~ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well thank you skylarEC for that info, i was wondering if it was just my device. Kinda lame that it's in it, and has no use though. And i returned the bluetooth devices which i bought as they did not pair. Not like i now am now the proud owner of 4 useless bluetooth's for my iPod touch.! And i have since now bought a wired hands free device for myself, till apple decides to let go, and offer in a update to accept bluetooth device pairing for iPod touch! Or it is on cydia, for a mod!

10. Shukketsu.Azuguad

Shukketsu.Azuguad Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Lol, the first three generations can't do video. There are only three (3) generations of iphone currently released [unless I missed a big announcement, and I doubt I live under a rock that big]. The 3GS is the third generation and has a native video recorder. BTW, the app is called Cycorder. Just wanted to clean some of your message up.