Apple AV Cables

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by themoonglows22, Jan 3, 2009.

1. themoonglows22

themoonglows22 New Member

Are they worth 50 bucks? I know the come with a wall charger but I probably won't use that, so are the cables alone worth 50 bucks?
  2. iSaint

iSaint New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    is apple the only one supporting the AV cables for ipods?
    there aren't some lower brands making them for a little less?

i'd also like to know the answer to this question by themoonglows
  3. themoonglows22

themoonglows22 New Member

Yes, those 50 dollar cables are the only ones that work, they have a special chip in them
  4. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have the apple cables and they are perfect for movies except for one of mine, but i give it a 9.5/10

The only missing thing in it is a remote, so you don't have to keep getting up to switch movies or rewind and stuff

and the touch only works with the apple cables NOT any other ones
  5. Gatewyn

Gatewyn New Member

I recently purchased Griffin's 3025-130CMPNT AV (5 wire) Component Video Cable ($49) for a iPod Touch 2nd Gen... to display videos from my iPod to a 32" Sony Trinitron TV equipped for component video and the frigging picture is scrambled (diagonal lines).

Griffin claims the problem is either the TV, firmware, or a DRM (Digital Rights Management- Copy protection) issue. Regardless, the cable does not work as they claim. The cable will be returned.

Apple says it's the Griffin cable. Stay with Apple AV cable(s). They work and Apple won't put up a fight if you want to return them.
  6. rodent222

rodent222 New Member

I've got a set of the Apple cables. As my luck has it, the right channel RCA is almost too tight to fit. Probably got stepped on or crunched in production... Also noticed the data connector is slightly larger than a standard sync cable, I had to remove my IPOD from it's comfy Switcheasy case to get the connector to fully seat. Otherwise, it is a well built item with plenty of length to get to your A/V unit. It also comes with a wall plug to keep you from draining battery power. My only gripe would be it needs an attractive carrying case...nauga perhaps?
  7. jzorn

jzorn New Member

Which AV Cable for Touch 2nd gen v2 firmware

Which cable is the correct composite cable for the above? Is it the MB129LL, MB129LL/A or MB129LL/B? I want to be sure to get the correct cable to plug into the Touch so I can watch the movies on my TV
  8. rodent222

rodent222 New Member

I would call Apple....
  9. Gatewyn

Gatewyn New Member

Since my previous post, I learned Griffin's 3025-CMPNT130 Component AV cable will only work with newer HDTV's (digital) and not with older Analog RBG Component CRT TV's.

It's probably safe to say that this will apply to most Component AV cables for iPod Touch 2nd Gen. It's a DRM issue. Griffin does not make the distinction between digital vs analog component televsions on their website.

Anyway, an alternative to Apple's Composite AV cable(s) for iPod Touch 2G is the Rocketfish Model RF-IPCAU6W Composite AV cable ($45) at Best Buy. It's "5 star" reviewed on Best Buy's website. I read the reviews and bought the cable. It works great with my iPod Touch 2nd Gen on a CRT TV! It's at least DVD quality video. The downside on this cable is it does not come with a USB Power Adapter for an A/C outlet. It's an additional purchase unless you plan on charging it on nearby computer when playing video.

Good Luck
  10. Tylertut

Tylertut New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lmao
    you can buy any ac cables
    and they will work with an ipod
    the color will not correspond with the ones on the tv but they will work
    this means the red might go to the white or something like that
    i bought a pair at radioshack for about 5 bucks and they work as good as the apple ones