Apple are Suing Me!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Steven R, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven R

Steven R New Member

Apple are Sueing Me!!

I need advice and quick! I recently brought my jailbroken 1.1.4 ipod to and apple store. Some of the staff saw that it was hacked. They then called their manager out and all of a sudden he was telling me that i had illegally modified apple's firmware. He then gave me some paperwork saying that he had the right to take it away and that i could find myself in legal trouble. Now i am expecting a phone call back regarding this from one a apple's spokepersons. I am very worried and would like some advice from anybody who knows about apple lawsuits or who has experienced something like this. Thanks
    2 people like this.
  2. bulbous nub

bulbous nub New Member

Seems to me that they don't fully understand it. They, as just a manager at a retail store, have NO right to take YOUR, let me say that again, YOUR property. Also, modifying a device that YOU own, is not illegal, but it does void your warranty with Apple.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

they have no legal grounds whatsoever. You bought the device, so it is your. The owner has the right to do anything with their product that they choose..All apple can do is void your warranty which is usually not needed either way.

look at it this way, if i buy a toaster and drop it into the bathtub and kill myself, do the makers of the toaster get charged for murder?

fight it even if they pursue which is highly unlikely since they have no legal standing. I think they are just ignorant, trying to scare u, or full of sh*t
    1 person likes this.
  4. incitatus

incitatus New Member

lol this is quite funny, whether they can sue you or not I'm not sure, quite possibly.

couple of questions though

Why did you bring your jailbroken ipod to an apple store, for technical support? that would be extremely stupid.

Why the hell did you give them your name and telephone number? You give your personal info to anyone that asks? I know for a fact the apple store owner had NO right to demand your info

Anyway just restore your ipod and no one can see that you ever jailbroke it.
  5. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    with roms and modified app pack they do have the right
    that violates the policy
    did u have that on it?
    1 person likes this.
  6. incitatus

incitatus New Member

Yes but the software is not his property and never was. You don't own ANY software that is on your computer, you only have a license to use it. He has no right to change the ipod firmware.
  7. Steven R

Steven R New Member

I was just buying a case when i guess one of the staff caught a glimpse of it. I really shouldn't have given them my name and number but i guess they pressured me into to it, you know how it is ADULT vs the kid. Right now they still have my ipod. ps I looked it up and apple have the right the take your ipod if it is illegally tampered. this really sucks. I mean what kind of a son of a b**ch tells on you!
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I am hoping as hard as I can hope that you didn't let them confiscate your iPod. They have absolutely no right, and if they refuse to give it back, then you should have called the police on the spot.

Think about it this way. Would they be trying to do this if you took a hammer to your iPod and smashed it? No. It is not theirs and they have absolutely no legal recourse.
    1 person likes this.
  9. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

If you are telling the truth...

Apple is stupid....
  10. Edbro

Edbro New Member

your fault what kind of person takes his own jailbroken ipod touch and takes it to the apple store and turns it on and walks around with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.