Apple are just sticking to tried and true strategies

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alpacaman, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it just me, or do all the new iphone and ipod lineups seem unadventurous? Since the release of the iphone and ipod touch lines, there have never really been any changes that actually make a huge difference. The iphone, three iterations later, still does nearly the same thing. Sure, it has a speaker, and 3g, and some other things, but nothing actually groundbreaking, or anything that makes a huge difference.

To me it seems that apple are just sticking to tried and true strategies at the moment, and while they are great products, they just seem to be stagnating.
  2. Mew2012

Mew2012 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah i agree, although the ipt3g i heard will fa sho have a mic and i want that and camera would make me get one
  3. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I just bought an iPhone 3GS (coming from the original EDGE iPhone) and though the exterior is fairly similar and the interface is the same, the small extra features and the much snappier interface really make a big difference. I think that sometimes incremental updates are better than radical changes
  4. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What else do you really want them to add? Short of adding more memory or processing power (which has a direct impact on cost and isn't exactly groundbreaking), I don't see what else they could really do.
  5. litobro

litobro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iPhone3G S, plus "improved camera", plus compass.
  6. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    but it has video recording and MMS they are very ground breaking lol
  7. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I see Apple to change there products evolutionarily, like bgizzle said: All those changes add up. I'm sure that on the 3GS it is most apparent. But yeah, Apple makes evolutionary chhanges after they release a revulutionary product.
  8. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wasn't the iPhone groundbreaking enough or do you want it completely reinvented each version?
  9. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Exactly. There are a finite number of form factors for a touch screen phone. It simply didn't make sense to change something that already worked fine.
  10. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    my my... bin not on the forum for 3 weeks and now there's a iPod 3G WHAHHA XD