Apple allows creation of apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wan3212, Mar 15, 2008.

1. wan3212

wan3212 New Member

It was officially announced on March 6, 2008, at an Apple Town Hall meeting[11]. The SDK will allow developers to make applications for the iPhone and iPod touch after paying a $99 fee to join the development team. The developer can then set the price for the applications he develops and will receive 70% of the sale price after each one is sold in the exclusive Apple Application Store. The developer can also opt to release the application for free and will not pay any costs to release the application except for the $99 joining fee. The SDK is available immediately, while the launch of applications will require waiting until a firmware update in June, 2008, around the iPhone's first birthday. This update will be free for iPhone users, while users of the iPod touch will be charged a nominal fee.[12]

I got this from wikipedia. So does this basically mean apple will start to allow people to make apps for the ipod touch?
  2. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes, and the iPhone.
  3. wan3212

wan3212 New Member

OK thats frickin awesome
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  5. wan3212

wan3212 New Member

LOL Very late apparently. I don't check these forums as much as I'd like to these days
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its not just on the forums, its on nearly ANY Tech Website, Social Website, News Site, hell Television, News paper.

Its EVERYWHERE!