Apple, again, giving away an iPod touch after a student purchases a Macbook.

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by sprint_user, Jul 3, 2010.

1. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Well, we knew this was coming. It is that time again where Apple wants to get rid of their current stock of iPod touches in preparation of the iPod touch 4. Now, when a college student buys a Macbook, Apple will throw in a free iPod touch.
  2. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    One question, and please only answer if you are 100% sure: I know Apple does not actually give you an iPod touch, but rather it is a mail-in-rebate (I think). Can you use this money to buy any other Apple product instead?...like say, a 4th generation iPod touch? Or can you only use it to buy the 3rd. generation 8GB iPod touch which is available at the time?
  3. rugertyler

rugertyler Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would not think so and here's why... Apple wants to sell as much as they can of the 3gen's to get ready for 4gen's. That's why they do this like every year, to clean ot thier stock.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

This was actually available in early June, at least in Canada.

@SilentWalker, Yes, you will have to buy the iPod Touch and then they give you a mail-in rebate. I don't think you can save the money to use it for the next gen, but you can purchase another model that is available. Depending on the model, you may need to pay some extra cash. You can buy a 32/64gb 3rd gen, but, like I said before, you will need to pay a bit extra.
  5. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    @SilentWalker

ChrisL has it right, but you could use the mail-in-rebate to buy an iPod touch 3G, then sell it sealed in box. Maybe jailbreak it if you want and then sell it. But use that money towards your iPod touch 4G! You're basically getting the iPod touch 4G for about 200 less!