Apple’s New Developer Agreement Prohibits 3rd Party Ad Services

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by bobby681, Apr 14, 2010.

1. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Apple said last week that they would not stop other ads from being inserted into applications (ones apart from their new iAd service). However the new developer agreement states that:

Please Register or Log in to view images

This means that 3rd party ad services such as Admob, acquired by google, will not be allowed anymore. So only either Apple or the developer themselves can put useful adverts into an app.

The third party adverts can still be inserted however if they don't collect any information and aren't targeted (Think about a flyer on a wall, something akin to that would be accepted). The only decent way of advertising on the iPhone platform would be to use iAd, and then fork over 40% of the revenue to Apple.

This is another blow from Apple, slowly closing all the holes where third parties might have had an influence.

More information
  2. Duykur

Duykur Banned

I kinda like this. I rather not have apps collect my data and send it to google.
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It doesn't mean you can't have other Ad servers. It means that ad services will not be allowed to leech data and apps won't be used to allow services like pinch media, which is no bad thing in my book.