AppFlow

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by GrooveMachine, Jan 8, 2008.

1. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had an interesting graphical idea the other day: what if someone were to incorporate a cover flow app so you could flick through your apps like you do your albums? It would be activated by rotating the iPod while on springboard. Just thought it'd be a cool graphical addition.
  2. ronbeing

ronbeing New Member

Dü bist eine fickin genie!!(You are a f***ing genius!!) I was just thinking "Why does to springboard not change when you tilt it? Most every thing else does!"
  3. themes

themes New Member

It would be too hard to develope and code and not to mention a completly useless app. Whats the point of it? Im sure there are 100 more problems with it but i will let everyone else tell you that.
  4. GrooveMachine

Device:
    iPod touch
    Themes, I don't have experience in making apps for iPods, but I think it could be done. All you would have to do is find the code from Cover Flow and use it on Springboard with the app icons. I don't know, it's just an interesting idea in my opinion. Thanks for looking though

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. DeusMachina

DeusMachina Retired Moderator

Would be very complicated, it would be much more practical and possibly done if it was an app like Launcher except instead of a list it was cover flow. Being able to get it when tilting the ipod would require advanced coding and lots of testing.
  6. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

i do like the idea, but i dont like the idea of it being activated by turning it on its side. it just seems like it would be activated to much for my taste. id prefer if u tapped an icon or sumthing then turned it

it would be like a different version of app
  7. Juwilz

Juwilz New Member

There is something similiar to this. Uhm, i forgot where i saw it, but u install it on installer (Obviously) and it takes all ur icons and lines of 'em up, then u slide ur finger down to make one app go down and to see another right there and it works other way around as well.
  8. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

It's been released thru TUAW. Thank Erica for it!
  9. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

10. GrooveMachine

Device:
    iPod touch
    Very cool to see my app in full form. This is exactly what I described. Thanks a ton Erica!