AppFlow 2.0 on iPod 2.0.1???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KrakaJap, Aug 15, 2008.

1. KrakaJap

KrakaJap New Member

Has anyone been able to get AppFlow to run on firmware 2.0.1? Mine keeps crashing the second I run it and I cannot seem to find any answers to this. Do I just need to wait for an update? I've already tried reinstalling many times and I'm certain all my permissions are set correctly.

Also... on a side note: I cannot get BossPrefs DoubleTap Home to work on the iPod. I've gone through setting it directly from BossPrefs as well as trying to set it manually in the plist. I was able to get this working a long time ago by adding something to a configuration file but alas I cannot remember what I added or to what file I added it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I know, I should have saved that information but I didn't.

Any ideas on either of these issues?
  2. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Odd, it works perfectly for me on iPod 2.0.1...

Is it 0755?
  3. KrakaJap

KrakaJap New Member

No... I tried 777 and 775. I'll try 755 and post back...

Nope... still crashes.

4. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Install it from cydia. And if you have it already, remove it, and then install it from cydia. It works for me.
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Try these steps...

1. Install it from Cydia
    2. If it doesn't work, execute this command.
    Code:
    ldid -S /Applications/AppFlow.app/AppFlow
    3. Set permissions to 755.
  6. KrakaJap

KrakaJap New Member

I install all of my apps through Cydia.

I tried that command (ldid) but it comes up as "command not found". What command source do I need to install to get that command?

Edit: Nevermind... I found the command (Link Identity Editor). I'll give it a shot.

Edit: hmm... that didn't work either.

I do appreciate the help though! Any other ideas? I even tried "chown mobile /Applications/AppFlow.app"
  7. chunkd

chunkd New Member

I have the same issue

8. iPod_SAge

iPod_SAge New Member

Delete the Documents folder in /private/var/mobile/Applications.

If that fixes the problem...then you were very, very, very naughty..... and you should know what I mean.
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

What the f***? For cracked apps you need to put a Documents folder in /User, not /User/Applications. And why would this cause AppFlow to malfunction, it would not cause anything to stop working, it's only made so that /Applications apps can put their savestates somewhere.
  10. KrakaJap

KrakaJap New Member

And that's why we were very very naughty

But to redeem myself, cracked apps on 2.0.1 (after replacing the MobileInstallation file) will kill your paid apps. And since I enjoy updating my ipod when new firmwares are released for better performance, I paid for the only 2 "cracked" apps that I used regularly. I people say this all the time, but I download demos (and cracked apps when necessary) before spending my money... but I DO spend my money when the apps are worth it.

I'm a developer myself (not for the iPhone/iPod) and I know exactly what it feels like to find your apps being used for free... but I also understand the need for demos or trials so your purchase can be justified.

iPod_SAge: your suggestion worked perfectly and now it all makes sense seeing as how AppFlow enumerates the Applications folders. Since "Documents" is not an application, AppFlow cannot properly enumerate it, thus crashing. I don't know why I didn't see this in the first place.

Thank you!

And thank you all for your support!

Now.... how about my other issue? LOL The one where I cannot use BossPrefs DoubleTap feature?

I'm very new to CocoaTouch development so I'm very cautious about playing around with plist files.