App updates

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by richardcav, Sep 24, 2009.

1. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there a way to disable apps from showing up in the updates? There is one app I do not want to update since it has a "free memory" button in it. I'm afraid that one time I go in there, I'll accidently hit the update button. Sometimes it'll give you time to back out when it asks you for your password, but if you've recently downloaded an app, it'll download without a chance to back out.

Thx!
  2. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I guess the only way to stop it checking for updates is to remove the data to say you purchased it but we are not allowed to discuss that type of thing here if I am correct
  3. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would advise taking a copy of the ipa file and storing it somehwhere other than the default download location. This way, if you accidentally update, you still have the original file to reinstall from.

This is 100% legit since this ipa file is still drm'd, just backed up!
  4. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why do you not want to press the "free memory" button? You know all it does is free up RAM, not delete files from your iPod.
  5. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    no, he wants to keep the current version of the app, they had an update which removed the free memory.
  6. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    jailbreak the touch and install sbsettings, enable the processes toggle...... problem sorted