app that takes away video&music app and adds in 'ipod'

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by dragnandy, Jul 23, 2008.

1. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

which program in the installer does that? i know ipod2 takes away ipod and adds music and videos. ipod3 keeps ipod, adds music and videos. but which one takes away the two and adds ipod app? and whats the source?
  2. MechanicalMind

MechanicalMind New Member

3. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

thanks. i didnt see that thread. when i searched 'change music and video app to ipod app' i mainly got threads about converting video files. do you know the thing from installer that can do this? like i remember there was one where you just install somethign from installer and it does it for you. i know how to SSH it in, but it would just be easier to install and uninstall if i got it from installer.

nevermind, found it off this youtube video. its in the .us/index.xml source. just if anybody else was wondering about it.
  4. MechanicalMind

MechanicalMind New Member

No prob, yeah i was looking for this myself the other day - trouble is the keywords i used didnt bring any results. I actually found that thread while googling! lol

Anyway, i think it's a lot easier to just ssh in (back up the info.plist you have in there first) and copy over it. Restore the original if need be. Yeah there is an app in installer i think that does this for you, but cant remember what it's called