App that could change everything

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Snowspot, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Snowspot

Snowspot New Member

An app that would let 3rd part apps to output to television would be insane. Imagine using all your emulators on your tv.... Using your touch as the remote. Or you could just browse safari full screen. It would also create a reason to have visualizers. When ever the flash player comes out.. It would be perfect to watch movies on as well!!

Someone dissect the "output to tv" function and become a god

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is my challenge to devs.
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

you can already use it to watch movies on a TV, you have to buy the cord at an apple store.
    Yes it would be sweet if someone made an app to output other stuff. A thread almost identical to this was already posted today, search.
  3. Snowspot

Snowspot New Member

Err duh I know it plays movies and shows photos... But now that you mention it... Show me a link to that other topic would you?
  4. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  5. szurinaga

szurinaga New Member

yep, that changed my life
  6. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    People you gotta remember that the ipod touch res is quite small... connect it to the tv and.. Vóila, you got your self a screenfull of pixel sh*t that you can't read
  7. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not for or against an app to do this, but had to point out that most of the stuff you watch on tv is only 480i. Without going into a bunch of crap it comes down to approx 640 × 480 pixels. And if you watch SD sat (dish or direct) you will be supprised the sd res is not even that high. Thats one reason SD does not look so good on an HD tv.
  8. craxydude

craxydude New Member

i'd rather have it the other way around; having a slingbox client made for I-Pod Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

for both on my property with the slingbox on my local network streaming super-sweet quality TV to my Ipod Touch for me to watch and change channels anywhere in range of my access point

or remotely through the net anywhere else (but capped to my home connection upstream)