App Submission Questions + iTunes Connect + US Tax ID

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by chris96, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris96

chris96 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I was wondering if it is allowed to submit an app under one name, then rebrand and rename it and submit it under a new name? so you have the same app in the app store under two different program names?

Also, I saw this on the iphone dev support page
    Is that possible from Australia? How would I go about that?
    My dad said that he thought as long as the income is being taxed in Australia, I shouldnt need to do that, is this correct?
    edit, i did some searching, it seems i can apply from the link on this page
    http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96287,00.html
    however, do i definitely need to do that?

Also, I am not 18, so is it possible for me to develop under my own name, or do I have to submit it under my parents name? (is there any way for apple to see how old i am? ive been told that they wont be able to find out my age, even from a tax id) -Please dont make any comments about this not being allowed by apple, this community is based on jailbreaking which apple claims is 'illegal'

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, could someone please provide me with a copy of the iTunes Connect User Guide? Apparently it is located at the bottom of the “Manage Your Applications” page. Also, if you could save the FAQ from itunes connect that would be useful too.
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Please don't clutter the App Store anymore. There is no point, and you probably will not get help here because of that.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Being under 18 years of age, it is against United States law for Apple to enter a contract with you. Furthermore, should Apple enter a contract with you, there would be no way to enforce you to keep your end of the deal, due to several U.S. laws re minors.

In other words, Apple won't enter a contract with a minor. This renders the rest of the opening post moot. Thread closed.

P.S, if apple says something in their terms and requirements is required, that means that it is required. End of sentence.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.