App Store Updates...Aren't they helpful!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by flashcus, Aug 29, 2008.

1. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So i look on my itunes applications and see a little "4" next to it. I click it and it says "4 updates available." I'm thinking that's cool! So i click it and it says "No updates available please try again later" It's been like this ever since the app store launched for me. I have the latest version of itunes. Also, on my ipod it says i haven't got any updates available! I'm sure since the beginning of the app store i've got SOME updates. I think in total i've had 2 both on my ipod. TTR and iDoodle. That's it and i have like 20 apps.

What is up with that? The funny thing is it used to say "2" next to applications then 3 then 4 so its definitely wanting to update but when i click it it just tells me there aren't any updates!

Fail!
  2. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well iTunes and the App Store update at seperate times anyway, I think iTunes is quicker off the mark anyway. The same thing always happens to me aswell though and half the time there isn't even an update thats its trying to tell me about.
  3. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    do you have multiple itunes accounts registered to your ipod, because i have got stuff that i have bought on my iphone along with stuff that was bought on my dads and my brothers itunes accounts. I think this confuses itunes because when you 'check for updates' in itunes, its not checking for updates of the apps on your HD its checking for updates which you have bought with that account.
  4. PanicZone

PanicZone New Member

Sign in with a different account and see if they still show.

Edit! Lawl... It is happening to me now =D

Edit 2! The app update was on a different account. Sign in to another account.
  5. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You are literally awesome. I do have 2 accounts, but that wasn't actually the problem. When i clicked updates, it said my main account in the top right, but when i actually signed into the account, then it showd me the updates. They should really have a sign in thing when you go to update.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    lol same with installer...