App store suggestion

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by rob7863, Dec 21, 2009.

1. rob7863

rob7863 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The app store should have free trails like shockwave.com and all those other download sites. For example you downloud the free trial it lasts for like 15 or 30 minutes. After the limit has expired the app will tell the user tht they have to buy the full version if they want to play more. Apple should do tht cause there are a lot of $10 apps out there and some of them arent worth the $$$.
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    no. that would ruin the app store. thats why theres in app purchases for free apps
  3. Fodd1337

Fodd1337 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Its called LITE versions
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    those ruin the app store too, the devs need to use in app purchase on free apps more
  5. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    In app purchases just make you feel like you'd rather buy the app and get everything than to have it free and but it one by one.
  6. Rainstar182

Rainstar182 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Two different things. A trail. And a demo.

Trail: Equal to full, but its limited. (SUCKS)
    Demo: Works forever. But has less features than a trail.
  7. Fodd1337

Fodd1337 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Devs are trying a new thing where you get the 'lite' version for free then you just buy the full version fron within the app. Like putting the full and lite in one app.
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The funny thing is that most apps are only used for 15 minutes or so, then are deleted, or left and forgotten.

Those rare apps that you play over and over are becoming exceedingly rare; but yes, this would ruin the App Store, and so are Lite versions.
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Trial*

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    One guy makes a mistake and calls it trail, now everyone's doing it.. Good chain

Please Register or Log in to view images

iPod Touch Fan's Staff: I know I'm border line for breaking the rule here, but it's technically not talking about cracked app's or cracked games. I'm just explaining why trial's are a down-side to the company. In no way do I suggest anyway uses cracked or illegal app's... It's still stealing.

Trial's aren't best for company's either, they can be cracked. For PC games in example, they run off .exe and what trial's are is the full game, but with a slightly altered .exe to only last X amount of time, usually 60 minutes. After that time, it directs you to either buy it or uninstall it... Or just don't click that little icon on your desktop. However, the .exe from let's say the CD version, will work in that trial versions program folder.. Making the game not a trial. In all, I'm not sure if I'm correct, but people could just replace that little file in the application folder for that specific application to make the game run full and not a limited trial.

Where as lite versions, they reduce features, which reduce the enjoyment.. They give you a little taste, and then they tell you all the extra features your missing out on and that you could have for that usually small price...