App Store Rejection Madness Continues

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by studangerous, May 22, 2009.

1. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's getting to the point where it might just be better if Apple hired and trained some monkeys to review App Store submisisons or maybe just pick Apps randomly out of a hat for rejection. First they failed to reject the, now infamous, BabyShaker App and since then they've made an abrupt U-Turn and are rejecting apps out of hand for the most ridiculous reasons... It's getting beyond a joke...

Apple really needs to review their policies and set down more adequate guidelines for their staff on how to properly vet Apps Store Submissions.

They reaped more profit than they expected from the App Store so it's time to feed back some of that money into the system that created it so that's it's put to effective use.

Read more:

Eucalyptus Rejection
    NIN App Rejection (warning NSFW)
    Drivetrain Bit******* Controller Rejection
    More App Store Rejections
    Babyshaker - wasn't rejected
  2. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    monkeys would do so much of a better job, another stupid one is:

Dope wars gets rejected due to drugs but that weird sperm runner game is allowed in. Imagine a little kid, "mum this games has drugs in it

Please Register or Log in to view images

" or "Mum whats sperm?" not saying that people who own ipods are this stupid but i mean a little brother/sister picking up their siblings ipod.

I know dope wars has been renamed but somehow trading candy isnt nearly as fun....
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Isnt 3.0 going to have better parental controls? Hopefully that will lossen them up a little.

I think they just throw a bunch of app names into a hat, every now and then and pick one out to reject.

That, or they use the chop a head of a chicken and whatever app name it lands on is rejected. like the south park bailout episode.
  4. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Quote from TR:
    'Hey Apple, I just got some SPAM about f***ing hot asian teens THROUGH YOUR MAIL PROGRAM. I just saw two guys having explicit anal sex right there in Safari! On my iPhone!'

You have to love this man.
  5. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I totally agree.

I could picture my brother;

Bro: Mum, this game has drugs in it
    Mum: Please don't play it, if it has any drugs in it.

Or

Bro: Im a sperm racing to fertalise the egg.
    Mum: WTF? How did you get that? Take it of.
  6. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    exactly, my little sis was like wow im a drug dealer and ma mum was like yer just dont do it in real life.
    if i had that other game ma mum woulda been like OMG why would you download that?!?!?! *smashes ipod with a big hammer* there we go, um yer sperm is a man thing.....

stupid apple rejection system
  7. qasim

qasim New Member

Apple is so stupid.. I am speechless.. I don't even know what to say now... They really disappointed me.. Hill Billy got rejected due to gore, but Zombiville USA got accepted and look at the blood and brains there... Apple, apple, apple.. :/
  8. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol.....

i would love to review apple's apps...
  9. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Makes you wonder if their reviewers are office based or sitting at home all over the world logging in and checking the apps? I'm sure it would be the former but they could maybe do a better job with the latter structure, then they could have several checks on each app. I'm sure they'd get more bang for their buck that way.
  10. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It would be great! I imagin all the "reviewers" sitting around drinking, smoking, partying all day. Then Steve walks in and everyone runs to there desk "Oh sh*t" when he walks to one of their desks, they quickly open up a submission and stare at it for a bit "not actually doing anything, just stare" then click "rejected" and wright a quick made up off the top of the head e-mail to the developer. "See boss, I'm working".

As soon as steve walks out, its back to party mode. They also have an automated script, that randomly selects apps for "approved" and a few for "rejected", so they never have to do any work.