App store redownloads like Itunes?

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by soflo, Mar 20, 2008.

1. soflo

soflo New Member

I searched but didnt find anything that could answer my question. Will the app store follow the itunes store in their horrendous customer service concerning redownloads. Last i had an issue with reinstalling my OS on my computer, i went to go redownload my media from Itunes and they said i only have 2 chances to do that. Will the app store be the same if you restore your Ipod? Will they have some system where you can back up your apps?
  2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    My advice is that, as soon as the app store is released... BACKUP the apps you buy, it's going to be in a folder of your computer, save it to a disc or flash drive and then you can always have it. And my theory is that iTunes will provide this option
  3. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah plus you will have to reactivate the apps with your AppleID you used to buy it.
    (Like when you bought some music)
  4. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So would that stop you copying the folder and giving it to a friend to put on his touch???

Having to reactivate, cause i wanna be able to back up somehow!

I aint buying apps if then theirs a chance i could lose em!
  5. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It will be like with the songs you can buy at the iTunes Store:
    You buy it... than it's "connected" to your AppleID... So if you have to reinstall them you can just do it.. And won't have to pay again.. because your AppleID says that you already bought it.
    And no... You won't be able to transfer it to other Touches, I think. But maybe it's with a song... Maybe you can activate it on 5 devices. Who knows...