App Store Payment

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by andrez75, Jul 12, 2008.

1. andrez75

andrez75 New Member

hi all, i'm just wondering if anyone can help me out. After I got my iphone i went over to bestbuy and the guy there told me that I could use an itunes gift card credit instead of a credit card to buy some new apps. So... i bought the $20 card and low and behold after i put it on my account and try to ourchase an app i get a message to type my credit card info. Naturaly i'm pissed

my question is, are the itunes store and the app store completely different as to not let me use my itunes credit? if so, do you think that will change or should i just spend it on movies as opposed to new applications.

help me out if you can!
  2. Bird

Bird New Member

I suspect the reasons behind requiring a credit card purchase has to do with itunes gift certificates essentially being claimed profit. So while they can sell you itunes merchandise with that money, allowing you to buy appstore stuff with the same credit would be money out of apples pocket. And what I mean by that is if they worked the system that way, they'd be paying the dev 70% of the cost of their app each time it was purchased, rather than gaining 30%. Obviously just charging it to credit card not only looks better, but is far easier for their billing department to handle.
  3. andrez75

andrez75 New Member

so do you think there is anychane itunes credit could be used for the itunes app store in the near future.
    cause right now, i can't buy any apps at all with my credit
  4. iGirl

iGirl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I can buy apps using itunes credit. I had $7, that I've had for months on itunes, but never used & I decided to get suduko and it worked. I don't have a credit card on record, so it can't take it from there.
  5. andrez75

andrez75 New Member

seriously!?!??! :O ive got $20. i don't have a credit card either so i figure it would work. are you in the states or something cause i don't understand what the difference would be
  6. iGirl

iGirl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I'm in the states. iTunes won't let you buy anything unless you have a credit card on record, even if you are just using itunes credit you bought at the store. If you google it, there is a way to get your account to work without needing a credit card. Then you should be able to redeem your credit and be able to buy things
  7. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  8. andrez75

andrez75 New Member

9. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can you try returning and saying that the guy lied to you?
  10. Has anyone tried putting in credit info and seeing if it actually charged the card?