App store keeps crashing.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by phsopher, Aug 8, 2010.

1. phsopher

phsopher New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Whenever I try to install something from the App Store it just exits to the home screen right after I press the install button. Any idea how to fix this other than restoring?
  2. PackerEagles10

PackerEagles10 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I had the a problem and the description seems to be identical and I was searching for an answer I came across this post.

I ended up going into Cydia and checking for updates, it ended up updating UIKit Tools (IIRC) and I'm able to install from the App Store again. On a side note it forgot all of my "hide icon" setting, and I had to fix that by going through and setting all of them to show, quit and then hide them again. Mildly annoying but whatever.
  3. phsopher

phsopher New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There didn't appear to be an update available for me but I reinstalled UIKit Tools and now the App Store is working again. Thanks a lot.
  4. PackerEagles10

PackerEagles10 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Your welcome!
  5. phsopher

phsopher New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It seems I was too quick to judge, the problem is back. Like you said, it unhid all the apps in categories so I resprung to hide them again which is when the app store refused to install once more. Repeating the reinstallation of UIKit Tools fixed the problem but left the hidden apps visible again. Is there some sort of conflict going on between categories, UIKit Tools and App Store?
  6. PackerEagles10

PackerEagles10 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Probably Im sorry I have to say this, but save all your Cydia apps with AptBackup. After that restore your device. Re-jailbreak it. Reboot device. Then try using using AppStore!
  7. phsopher

phsopher New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The conflict appears to be between categories and the App Store app because the App Store works fine when I delete all the folders and stops working when I create new ones. I tried reinstalling categories with no luck. Reinstalling UIKit Tools probably worked indirectly through disabling categories. I will probably restore at some point but it's too much bother at the moment so I'll just use the built-in folders for now even though the icons are ugly. Thanks for your help.
  8. bizzarro

bizzarro New Member

Fyi in had this same issue and when i searched for an answer it brought up this thread. I tried to reinstall uikits to no avail. But when searching i noticed that i still had Browser Changer installed and when i uninstalled it everything was back to normal. I think by default the app store tries to open the install button as a link to safari but Browser Changer was changing that and therefore crashing the app store. This is just a theory and may not be a solution for everyone, but i just thought that it might help.