App Store is STUPID

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Jelly, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    WOW! I just bought 5 games:

Rolando 2 - $10.00
    Edge - $5.00
    Doodle Jump - $1
    Topple 2 - $1
    Lady Gaga Revenge - $4

It equaled up to $20 with taxes, $23ish.

Anyways, I bought them on my iPod. I checked iTunes on my CP and it shows the purchases and did say I owed them. It showed the total, but it didn't show in RED. Connected to my account is a prepaid credit card I use (Vanilla Mastercard) and it only has $0.33 cents left. I checked the card account, and Apple didn't bill me. (I bought Rolando 2 yesterday, so it must have billed me already if it was going to). Looks like Apple isn't too tight with their App Store security. Just the other day I got 3.0 for free on Apple Servers by restoring. Surprise.

I'll let you guys know if they (ever) bill me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

Yea the same for me when i was on 2.2.1 i restores because my device was Fckd up and it restored to 3.0 so i was like whoo... Thx apple
  3. jeterfan428

jeterfan428 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol dang wish I knew about the restore glitch to get 3.0 I payed the $9.95

4. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    They WILL bill you. It sometimes takes like a week.
  5. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They are going to bill you, it just takes a day, so when you need to update the apps, or if you want to buy new ones, even free ones, you can't until you pay off the money you owe them.
  6. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah i did the restore thing. I originally got it for free, not saying where, and then i fked up the system fonts while changing a theme and then it was on a white spinning wheel whenever i tried to boot it, so i restored and got 3.0 for free

@Clusterfunk, he used a prepaid card, so i don't see how they are going to bill him. Unless they send him a bill in the mail, but that would just be a new low for apple, sending a $23 bill just for getting a few apps without being billed.
  7. defiled

defiled New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It takes like a week to bill me, when I buy appz
    But music only takes 1 day.
  8. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    @BigDaveyJ: Usually when I owe, they instantly don't allow me to update or download ANYTHING, but currently they are.

Usually they bill me within a hour of downloading, but they haven't. If they do bill me, I'll eventually pay it off. But, until I buy another credit card, this will help prevent me from spending money (if they bill me), but the bad part is that I won't be able to get Pocket God updates

9. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It takes time before the bill comes through, many times it takes a few days to go through. But if your account is overdrawn, you cant dl or update anything, free or paid.
  10. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Yup, agree with you guys on the billing procedure... Apple will only charge your credit card a few days after the purchase was made on iTunes...

For my case, once I have made an iTunes purchase, my credit card statement shows that the transaction went through, at least three to four working days after the purchase...