App Store icon with a number !

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Andy Loba, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Andy Loba

Andy Loba New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    On my APP Store icon, there is a small circle with number 9 in it. What does the number 9 means ? There was no number before on that App Store icon.
  2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It means you have 9 updates for you applications. Go into the app store, click on the updates tab, and click update all.
  4. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The badge, as its called, is a notifier to well... notify you if you have an available update.

If an app that you have has been updated, the app store then puts a badge on your icon to tell you you have an available update. You dont need to update immediately, but you might want to in the near future as some updates improve apps stability and might make it more stabler to play without crashing as much. The more updates you have, the more the badge number increases. You said you have 9 updates, so I reccomend you do what @Chicken said, and go into the App, press the Updates button on the bottom, and update your nine apps.
  5. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    those are notifiers. so in IM apps it would have 1 if you have one new message 2 if you have 2, and so on. in the app store and cydia, they would be updates. so just go in and update them, then they should be gone.