App Store How To Properly Redownload Apps After a Restore? Help! Chargeback Q too!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by suberizedwrx, Mar 21, 2009.

1. suberizedwrx

suberizedwrx New Member

Ok. I restored my iPod and lost a couple apps somehow. So I went to the app store to redownload them for what I thought was going to be for free. It turns out that I was charged for the apps again! How do I download the apps without having to pay again. I thought that once you bought the apps they were yours for life even after a restore?!

If there's no solution to the above, has anyone ever done a charge back on their credit card regarding their app store purchases? How did that work out? Does apple accept that or do they get upset and block your account. Just wondering. There are only $9 worth of charge backs if it comes down to it and I'm wondering if it's worth risking the charge back if apple retaliates by banning your acct or something to that effect.
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Just go to apple.com and contact them through email saying that you were charged for the app twice and they will refund your account
  3. suberizedwrx

suberizedwrx New Member

Thanks! Regarding one of the apps, I stated that it was not functioning and apple replied in the next browser screen that came up with the software designers webpage and told me to go there. I looked at the site and there are 6 total registered users and all the posts have pretty much never been answered. I went back to the app store clicked on the software and went to report problem but couldn't get through since apple said that that problem could essentially only be addressed once and that I had used that "once" when I reported the software not functioning. Should I just charge that back on my credit card?
  4. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    After Every Application You Purchase You Should Sync Apps With iTunes. So If You Have To Reset Your iPod You Can Just Sync Them Back On

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just A Tip For The Future.
  5. suberizedwrx

suberizedwrx New Member

Gotcha. I'm a little confused because I did an ispw image as part of going from tethered to untethered but I still lost some apps on the restore. I thought the ispw image copied all your old stuff but integrated the new firmware....anyhow, that's how I lost some apps and had to redownload.
  6. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Seems you chose a different way to me, I went from tethered to un-tethered earlier today and didn't lose anything.
  7. suberizedwrx

suberizedwrx New Member

Yeah, possibly so. Thanks for the help everyone.