app store help

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by anvesta, Feb 15, 2009.

1. anvesta

anvesta New Member

please help me i dont have a credit card so i bought an itunes card buying songs tv shows and movies however wen i try to buy apps it doesnt work its the latest itunes progam and it dosnt work on my ipod touch ether im runing
    windows xp
  2. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Your probably out of money on that itunes gift card. Since you don't have a credit card register to your account you can't buy anything.
  3. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak New Member

itunes only accepts the gift cards for apps in the us store DD:

if you`re in canada like me , the gift cards can only buy songs DD:

i learned that the hard way DD : <
  4. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Member

Device:
    iPad
    Someone else had a similar situation in Canada and I also suggested getting a debit card. Debit cards work almost exactly like a credit card with the visa/mc logo allowing you to purchase almost anything online. You can get one that IS attached to your bank account or PREPAID debit cards where no bank account whatsoever is needed. The Prepaid debit cards are usually available at your local CVS, Eckerd Drugs, Walgreens, Walmart, Target etc. Not sure what stores in Canada would have them but they allow you to buy the prepaid debit card. You then fork over your cash to the cashier and then your cash will be put on the debit visa/mc instantly! Be sure to call the free numbers on the back of the debit visa/mc to make sure the money is available before you add the card to your itunes account. Viola! You can then knock yourself out by buying apps in the itunes store!

Please update me if this works or is possible for people in Canada since I don't want to recommend this if it CAN'T be done. I'm assuming because debit cards are available around the world and works in similar ways.

Good luck!