App Store filtered for your device?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by steincj, Jul 25, 2009.

1. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm sure I missed this when they did it, but I didn't find anything about it anywhere. But it seems to me my iPod touch and my iPhone are seeing differernt app stores.

My touch shows "The Price is Right" as the top paid app, while for the iPhone it is Camera Zoom.

If you search for "camera" on the touch, the predictive search gives "camera zoom v1.1," but when you search for it, it won't come up. Same for camera flash.

So when did they filter the iTunes store so that touch users can't see iPhone only apps?

Let the flaming begin . . .
  2. jbarnes

jbarnes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, a touch cant use a camera app, so your ipod would like, crash or something if you opened it.
  3. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Of course it can't. But it was able to use Ocarina before Smule officially changed it to run on the touch. There are plenty of instances where it would have worked, like just about every voice recorder worked on the 2G touch but none would load because they were coded iPhone only.
  4. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thats really weird yeah my ipod shows the price is right as the number 1 game but on my computer shows camera zoom. I didn't know that apple could mess with the top 50 to just show the apps available for your device
  5. KG3

KG3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    havent they always done that? isnt it to protect your ipod touch from crashing?
  6. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yep. iPod's can't run some iPhone applications because we're missing certain features.
  7. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    With the new 3.0 updates, lots of changes came to the App Store. Might be one of them and I know as a dev you have to pick for which device the app is made for.
  8. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I think it's good. Otherwise, there would be a lot of people complaining that they bought an app on their Touch, and it doesn't work, even though it's clear that the iPod Touch doesn't have a camera, and the app they downloaded was a camera enhancer.
  9. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It certainly wouldn't crash an iPod. I had camera.app running on my iPod to get to the Camera Roll. It just gives you some error when you open it saying it can't access the camera or something.
  10. areriez

areriez New Member

How to learn skill.....can someone teach me how????

I already bought arrow rain skill....i click it but only 'DISC' appear...

Can someone teach me how to???

(SEVEN SWORD[IPHONE,IPAD,IPOD TOUCH])

-THANKS-