App Store Downloads Queue?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by longcat93, May 8, 2010.

1. longcat93

longcat93 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm asking this question because May 10th is the Gameloft Happy Hour. I'm wondering if current App Store downloads will go in queue.

What I mean is since the apps for the Gameloft event goes for 2hours, and I manage to get one downloading, and for some reason I have to leave to a location WITHOUT wifi, will my download go on hold?

If I turn off my iPod will my download still be on hold when I turn it back on?
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't think so. I think if you start downloading it, and just pause it, but lock the iPod, it will continue later because it's already in progress. If you turn it off completely, probably not.
  3. longcat93

longcat93 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so if i'm downloading something using like Starbuck's Wifi, and if i leave starbucks, will my download pause, until I get back to my home's wifi or does the download become canceled?
  4. SpoonIsTooBig

SpoonIsTooBig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you could start downloading it, and before you leave tap the icon to pause it. then, when you get home or whatever tap the icon again it will continue to download
  5. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Once it starts downloading you can download it (with that account) as many times as you want. So once you click the install button and type in your password you can download it to your computer a week later for free even if you never finished downloading the app.
  6. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This way.
  7. longcat93

longcat93 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wow you sure? even if i turn off my ipod?
  8. feelingleftout

feelingleftout Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes, magic8ball88 is correct. It happens to me all the time where I start to download an app on my iPod touch and something happens that it doesn't get downloaded. It'll say something about being able to download it later on your computer.