App-Store doesn't list all Updates, still sorts alphabetically?!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by TheMaxx, Sep 18, 2008.

1. TheMaxx

TheMaxx New Member

Hi there,

I'm the programer of TouchScan, a more or less popular entertainment app for the iPhone/iPod touch. Starting yesterday, I realized I have some trouble with the AppStore and I'm hoping you might be willing to help me a little bit by writing about this issue.

Yesterday my update to version 1.2 went live on the AppStore but to my surprise TouchScan is not listed among the new apps as it was usually the case for me and still is for many others. This is actually really bad news for me because now people who were waiting for the update and wanted to purchase after the update are now never going to know I finished it. Furthermore Apple is cutting down visibility for my and probably a number of other apps as well, limiting our sales!

Furthermore, while having a closer look at it, I realized that all the Apps listed under "All iPhone Apps" sorted by "Release Date" are still also alphabetically sorted! That's right: It's still the same mess as at the start of the AppStore! So for example: A number of Apps get updated or released that start with the letters , say, A to F and these fill the first page of the "All iPhone Apps"-Listing...sorted by Release Date! Now another App with a name starting with the letter, say, T like TouchScan is released later that day it is not placed on pole position, instead it's sorted to it's place alphabetically...hence on page 2 or 3 or even worse. So...people looking only at the first page or two might - thinking they see the newest releases in the front of the row as anyone would expect - never notice that you released an app or updated your app!

This is really absolutely bad news for all developers and customers! Apple hasn't fixed the bug, it just changed it!
    I hope you will publish the story and help me get the word out...

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Markus.

--
    Markus Stöbe
    Chefkoch im Software Diner

http://www.software-diner.de
    markus@software-diner.de
  2. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    EDIT: I emailed you with a possible solution, please get back to me soon!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. TheMaxx

TheMaxx New Member

I never got that mail :-( what are you suggesting?