App Store Apps Quitting to Home Screen - Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by rygriffin333, Jul 12, 2008.

1. rygriffin333

rygriffin333 New Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Would love some help here...I'm up and running on 2.0 (5A347) on the Touch, with all of the "iPhone apps" (Stocks, Weather, Mail, and Maps) functioning properly.

What I can't seem to get working are all other apps...I've downloaded 8 or so, and I'm able to sync them properly from iTunes 7.7 to the Touch. However, when I select one of the apps, if effectively quits on load and goes back to the home screen.

I've tried just about everything I can think of (which obviously includes things I've read in these forums and others)...restoring, DFU, restarting my MacBook Pro and the Touch numerous times, etc. Had a bout with "error 20" that took a while to resolve, but I am at least up and running again.

In short, posting for me is an absolute last resort.

So I'd love any further insight that the form might be able to offer...even better if you've had a similar issue.

Thanks in advance!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Any chance this is because I went straight from 1.1.3 JB to 2.0? At the prompting of iTunes, mind you...

Just went through the rather arduous process of a full iTunes 7.7 uninstall/7.5 install to try to downgrade to 1.1.4...and got a whole new host of errors.

So close to have fully functional 2.0, but so far away...