App store apps on cydia

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Tomdog315, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomdog315

Tomdog315 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks all, your suggestions helped me jailbreak my ipod without losing a thing!

Is there a source i need to get app store apps on cydia?

Or could it be because i accidentally set cydia to developer mode? can i change that setting?

Thanks!
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

App Store applications are not on Cydia. Get them on the App Store.
  3. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If an App Store app was on Cydia, wouldn't that make it a Cydia app? Haha. The App Store exists so you can download App Store apps, and Cydia exists so you can download Cydia/toolchain apps. They coexist, so there's no need to have an App Store source on Cydia (and no legal way to do it).
  4. Tomdog315

Tomdog315 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    alright, so what is a good source for cydia apps?

And what does the Installer app do?
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

App Store Apps =/= Cydia Apps.

If you're asking for help on pirating, which appears to be what you're doing... this is not the place to do it. See the sticky topic about "Our Stance on Cracked (Illegal) Apps" at the top of every forum.

Installer.app is Installer 4, which was completely redone by Rip Dev for Firmware 2.0. It doesn't work very well, and it doesn't have quite as many sources available for it as Cydia does.

Most of the repos in the Cydia listing under Repositories are the main sources for Cydia apps. BigBoss, Ste Packaging, and ZotTTD are the main Cydia repos and are installed by default. If you're looking for games... you won't find many, as almost all the devs moved onto App Store, save those who make emulators. Beyond that, many utilities are also available through the App Store, although Cydia tends to have ones that Apple wouldn't even think of approving, such as theming programs and emulators.
  6. Tomdog315

Tomdog315 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    oh, sorry. i didn't know it was illegal. I assumed it was as legal as jailbreaking. my mistake. So, what are some sources you'd recommend?
    (for cydia?)
    and your favorite cydia app?
  7. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Jailbreaking is just removing the locks on part of the OS, and is necessary (IIRC) for unlocking the iPhone - which is legal even under the DMCA. What is not legal is 'sharing' applications whose DRM system has been circumvented or otherwise hacked to not work, which is a definite violation of the DMCA and copyright law as the person distributing the app doesn't have the permission of the original maker of the app to do so in that fashion.

As for Cydia sources, I already named them - if you want more, they're in the Repositories section, but all the ones I named are installed as the default sources. Beyond that, 'favorite' depends on what you're doing with the iPod. I recommend giving App Store a look due to the fact there are quite a few free apps on there, and rRootage showed up a few days ago.
  8. zhai

zhai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    how to upgrade iphone 3gs ios 4.3 version to ios 6? help someone?
  9. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    This thread is over 4 years old. Next time make your own thread instead of bumping an old one. To answer your question, use iTunes to restore it.
    /thread
    Aarix and JailbreakHelp like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.