App Store apps don't work on 3.0 2G redsn0w jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ray93, Sep 7, 2009.

1. ray93

ray93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have looked nearly everywhere online for an answer and can't seem to find one. After jailbreaking my iPod, none of the legit App Store Apps work, while LEGAL, free "other" apps work perfectly. The icon appears, I click on it, the app's starting screen opens for a split second, then closes, and I'm back to my SB. I used redsn0w 0.8, and I'm running 3.0 on my 2G. Here is what I have tried already:

Deleting apps after jailbreak, reinstalling them (from app store)
    Downloading new apps that have never been on my iPod.
    Re-jailbreaking with a fresh redsn0w install, and downloading the apps from the app store
    Syncing apps from iTunes

I have only seen one topic here, and nobody has replied there in a while, or found a solution. The helpful people at yahoo answers say "google it". I'm convinced it's a coding problem.

Thanks for any help!
  2. lightningdude

lightningdude New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Watch talking about cracked apps. I won't report you, but there are some sensitive people here.

Okay, so on to your true question. I, personally, have had a couple of applications that would not launch on 3.0, jailbreak or not. You'll probably just hafta wait until the developer releases a new version, or just live without that app. Sorry for your luck.
  3. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wow man read the rules
  4. ray93

ray93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for providing a real answer. I figured that I might have to do that since, after all redsn0w is in beta (less than 1.0) stages.

To the poster above. Wow man, I have read the rules. I have shown above that they are completely legal, and to prove my point further, the app that I have working (figure out that status of it for yourself) is one DIRECTLY linked from this site (http://appsamuck.com/day1.html). That is a completely legal app. I may be new here, but I'm not stupid. No need to get your panties in a wad.
  5. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    From the Official rules thread.
    Just to make it a little clearer for you.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's really nice to see atleast some people are mature on this forum.

usually, people just go: "WUU HAHAHA Reported Sucker"
    or "READ THE RULES! REPORTED"

Maybe if people saw the join date, they'd understand this person is new and doesn't know the rules. Like the above people did, just show them the rules and the problem won't happen again from the same person.
  7. ray93

ray93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It isn't piracy though. It's like downloading an MP3 from a bands official website and changing the encoding. Unless the author has specifically said that no part can be modified, changing the coding is perfectally legal.

Nevertheless, I have gotten an answer. If there is a better one out there, enlighten me.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Reading this makes me glad that the poster that I initally got semi-mad at didn't act in such a way. Sorry about what I said before. If somebody posted something that carfreak posted above, I might have reason to act the way I did.