app store app disappears!! MAN!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by GNARDOG, Dec 1, 2008.

1. GNARDOG

GNARDOG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the last thing i remember doing and i don't know why i did so is to update installer 4 which is useless to begin with,today i noticed my app store app is gone.not in mobile finder,i used iphone browser,nothing.what the f*** happened?lame.oh well i can just shop at itunes on my pc.i AM NOT going to restore for this.but WTF?i am on 2.2 jailbreak.anybody see this happen?not in poof either.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

i didnt see...
    but you could extract the .img3 appstore.app from your 2.2 .ipsw and put it back
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

That's another (new) issue I can chalk up to Installer 4 now. I guess that's ONE way to make sure you keep using Installer.

Is the folder for App Store still in Applications, if you can SSH into it? Is the .app still there, and are the permissions set correctly? Have you tried rebooting the device?
  4. Simondude56

Simondude56 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lol. Seems like Installer is trying to mess up our devices even more!
  5. GNARDOG

GNARDOG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it wasn't in the ssh folders at all.reboot as in power on and off? or home and power keys together?i'll give it a whirl.thank's dudes.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    found it in mobile finder trash,but never had to restore anything from trash folder,what do i do?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i found it in the mobile finder trash folder.how do i restore it?
  6. Jarlath

You DELETED AppStore.app? May I ask why? As for the solution, if it's the jailbreak version, in the Trash folder you select the file and then use the File->Move button to move it back to the Applications folder. Hit 'paste' once you're there.
  7. GNARDOG

GNARDOG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    did that and it pasted ,but don't know how to get it back to springboard.btw i didn't do it i am almost certain the installer update i got did it somehow.i quickpwned it and and it still didn't show up.i am sure i got app store from the apple upgrade.(2.2)i can delete files in finder no problem but damn.how do you get em out of the trash?
  8. Jarlath

App Store is installed when you do a restore or anything else that recopies all the system files onto the iPod. Now beyond that, make sure the permissions on the app inside the AppStore.app folder are set 755 or 777 for the App Store application. I personally suggest using WinSCP to move the file out, however.
  9. GNARDOG

GNARDOG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just bit the bullet and restored,what a f***ing pain.needless to say i am poofing installer forever more.thanks for the great tips.
  10. Pwnage Productions

Pwnage Productions Banned

lol, more reason why installer is completely dead.

Please Register or Log in to view images